PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Rec for Tires

audrey in colorado
10-24-2007, 03:21 PM
I own a 2001 v70xc. (which I purchased recently) It currently has Pirelli Tires which I am not fond of. I live in Colorado ... do get snow... however, I am looking for an all season performance tire. I have found that the size 215/65/R16 .. doesn't provide many options. Need at least a 98H. Nokian WR are too epensive for me.
Appreciate input. Thanks

Forkster
10-25-2007, 08:22 AM
If you did a search (here (http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/search.php)) and searched on tires, you'll find there are many options and opinions out there. Since you purchased an MY01 (meaning manufacture year 2001), I'm assuming you wish to buy tires that are affordable? You can size up to 235/60R16 which has more options. The wider tire however is not as good in snow as 215/65R16.

Personally, if you live in Colorado - you could purchase a decent set of winter tires and put them on steelies or OEM Volvo rims (which is what I did). Michelin X-Ice and Kumho KW-19's are fairly popular. If you got money - there is no option - get a set of Nokian WR's. They're perhaps one of the best all-season tires out there. But you'll pay for it. :)