PDA

View Full Version : Premium Sound System

joseppfit02
10-13-2007, 02:21 AM
Hello,

I recive my new XC70 with a High Performance Sound.
To listen better to the music i want to put the Premium Sound System.

-Was music listened MUCH BETTER?
-Is it possible to mount it in the dealer?

If it is possible, I am worried:

-Is it very complicated?
-On having dismout and assamble the panels of the door can then (in the future) do noises?
-Has it a very high cost?

Can it be better change only the 8 speakers (put it high quality) and put a high quality ampliffer?

Thank's !

BIGGUYNE
10-15-2007, 06:31 AM
I've had both-- reagular system in my 2004, and the high end factory system in my 2007. I can't ssy that it was worth the money. I'd suggest the Volvo sub woofer as the best upgrade.

joseppfit02
10-15-2007, 08:42 AM
Sorry, I dont understand you (from Spain and my bad english...)
You say me that , now, you have a Premium system and there is not a big sound quality difference?
My car arrive whith High Performance (8 speakers and 200W amplifer)

Thank's and sorry!

BIGGUYNE
10-16-2007, 07:32 PM
You understood fine. No, I can't say that the Premium system is that much better. BUT...with either system...add the subwoofer

maxy
10-22-2007, 02:47 AM
just about to order. i've got a 10 y/o and was thinking about the rse for my karma. interesting what you said about the subwoofer though. sounds like it much imroves the standard system at a fraction of the cost. never put two and two together.

cheers
Maxy

BIGGUYNE
10-22-2007, 07:42 AM
I don't know about Down-under, but here in the US, the subwoofer can be added for under $500. I added one to my 2004, and am still impressed with how much it improved the standard sound system. In my 2007, I ordered the HU850 system, with the sub factory installed, Sirius sattelite radio, and the iPod connector. I can't say today that the sound quality is appreciably better. I can tell that it has more power, but not that it is significantly improved.

One other side note--
I just got a call from the Service Manager at my local dealer. I'm having some problems with the iPod connector and the latest generation 80 gig iPod. Apparently, Vovlo realizes that they made a mistake with the Phatnoise adapter. I was told that they aren't going to support it, and will refund my money for the accessory.

dmonkfunk
08-09-2010, 01:40 PM
Hi guys, I'm not sure if anyone here will be able to help me, and I can't figure out how to start a new thread.
I have a 803 with the sub in the trunk, but I it not functioning. I have tested the fuse and the wiring harness for power, but the sub still refuses to kick on. a month ago I installed a Ipod adapter, and had the head unit out to attach to the cd changer, but I don't think it was working before that since I notice no difference in the way the system sounds. I kinda suspect there is a wire off somewhere in the back, or from some amplifier somewhere. I have a hard time believing the sub woofer has packed it in (it's a 2002, but it was owned by old people) If anyone knows anything, I'd be grateful.