PDA

View Full Version : Picked it up last week

HeadXC
10-02-2007, 10:58 AM
Picked up my 08XC70 last Tuesday (09-25-07), this is the earliest i could report on it, too busy driving it around. Lots of great new things, new motor is very different but is starting to break in nice, too early to tell overall on the motor, car is much more solid and feels completely different, VERY comfortable. Will report more as i drive more.

budrichard
10-03-2007, 08:30 AM
" is starting to break in nice"

I don't understand this statement. Vehicles of today need no break in and if the engine preformance is changing as you drive the vehicle, something is wrong. My 2003XC drives like the day I got it.
Please elaborate on what you meant.-Dick

HeadXC
10-03-2007, 01:56 PM
Sure new vehicles need no official break in period, but as with any new motor rings will seat, and things just run better and smoother, there is a definte faster response and rev's pick up faster. This motor is much more noticable breaking in than either my 99, 02 or 04.

tgwillard
10-03-2007, 07:10 PM
Same color as my 06. Let us know what you think of the new 6 cylinder engine after you put some miles on it.

HeadXC
10-06-2007, 06:20 PM
The 6 is whole car is different, it feels more like an S80, the engine sounds throaty like the V8. The car does not pull like the old ones did in the front it just accelerates strong, it grips well and feels solid under neath, can't wait for some snow to play in. I will bet that at some point there will be a e-update for the tranny shifts. But so fat so good.
I miss the parking ticket holder on the driver's side windshield

John@CdnRockies
10-06-2007, 06:51 PM
Congrats on the new car. I sat in one at the dealer last week and was impressed with the new interior.

John

Big
10-07-2007, 09:50 PM
" is starting to break in nice"

I don't understand this statement. The adaptive transmission?

budrichard
10-09-2007, 09:14 AM
My 03XC drives just like the day I took it from the dealership. There was no change in performance. My observations are not just casual but come from years of experience in monitoring the sounds and performance of all types of equipment in power plants.
If you can quantify the changes than they are real, if not, then they are perceptions. Of course perception is reality we are taught
In any event, good luck with your XC.-Dick