PDA

View Full Version : 01 XC Power Door/Window module problem

jmoser
09-30-2007, 08:03 AM
Right side front power window, locks, mirror do not work

I checked the #36 fuse - OK
I pulled the door panel and checked all connections - OK
I checked the master connecter inside door panel for power - 12V OK

Is the module itself bad? This is the black box inside the door panel. Can you troubleshoot this? Chance of finding at a salvage yard online? Anybody know the P/N? The wiring diagram .pdf shows this as PDM/DDM 3/127

Any help greatly appreciated!

As an aside the display for outside temp does not work either [shows -- F.]
Is this somehow part of the same circuit or is there another gremlin?

Willy
09-30-2007, 10:01 AM
You may troubleshoot the module by measuring if it delivers output towards the mirror when the joystick is manipulated.
You can also, as described in the attached pdf, disassemble the mirror housing and see if there is a signal on that side.
This should allow you to narrow down the problem.
Willy

MoeB
09-30-2007, 11:17 AM
Willy, thanks for reposting those instructions. I'd been looking for those but couldn't find them.

I've been told it's difficult to remove the mirror glass without breaking it. Do you know if this is the case?

jmoser
09-30-2007, 03:46 PM
Willy -

I have zero responses from the power window, the door lock, and the mirror.
It seems to me there is not much to narrow down - power into the module but no output response from any of the three devices. It would be a remarkeable coincidence if all 3 devices failed simultaneously.

I was thinking there may be some internal circuit breaker reset, etc. inside the module but don't want to start tearing it apart without some clue.

Has anyone here ever had to replace that module? Are they serviceable? Seems to be one per door.

BillAileo
09-30-2007, 04:59 PM
You might want to check out this thread:

http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8690&highlight=window+module

Bill

thebracko
09-30-2007, 07:45 PM
Even replacement with a DDM from a salvage unit will require a DDM software reload by the dealership.