PDA

View Full Version : Dealer cost for 15K service?

mbsl98
09-28-2007, 06:14 AM
I'm curious what folks have been charged for the first 15K dealer service on their XC? It is essentially just an oil and filter change, plus cabin air filter, plus checking brake pad wear (means pulling wheels if they actually do it). Various visual checks make up ther rest of the list.

Ours will be due in another month or two, and for chuckles, I am going to get a quote from the selling dealer, but would like to see what the range has been for others.

Thanks

PS: Our '07 has not needed any repairs or adjustments of any kind to date (13 months and 13k).

MoeB
09-28-2007, 07:29 AM
We bought ours used so missed the 15k service, but the 45k service was $327.26 at a local Volvo dealership. This included oil and filter change (Castrol GTX), cabin filter, fluids checks (brake, bevel gear, battery, coolant, washer, ATF, power steering), tire balance/rotation, general inspection (codes check, brake pads, wipers, suspension, etc.). I added a trans flush for $261.00.

I usually do most of the above myself and let the shop do just the stuff I don't have the ability to do. If you trust your dealer and prefer they just do the inspection and tires and stuff, you can save about $100 by getting the oil/cabin filters from FCP Groton and changing those yourself.

Ron N
09-28-2007, 09:48 AM
When I purchased my 2007, the first service (7.5k) was free from Volvo, NA. The next three services (15k, 22.5k and 30k) were included with the price of the car. I will be having the 22,500 service done within the next few weeks. Just turned 22,000 miles this week. The only cost I had to pay was the upgrade on the oil change. The dealer uses a synthetic blend and I wanted to use Mobil-1 full synthetic. Therefore, I had to pay the incremental difference - approximately $50. I have not had any problems with the car.

dhayner
09-28-2007, 03:38 PM
My 15,000 service was $213 at Sandberg Volvo, Lynnwood, WA. It was as you describe - not very much more than an oil change. I will do my own after the warrantee is up.