PDA

View Full Version : Rotors

Avid Edit
04-07-2003, 08:05 AM
Greetings,

I had mud guards installed at  oil change since the car would be in the air. I suspect that when they re-installed the
wheels (they used air tools) the whhels were over torqued.
      I do local driving for the most part, and only noticed when doing a bit of  express way driving, a shudder when dropping from 70mph.
      Just a word of caution.

wiz
04-07-2003, 08:41 AM
Thanks for the heads-up!  Our car will be at the dealer this week for a service and I will be sure to ask for torqued wheel bolts on the rotation.

Hiro's XC
04-07-2003, 09:25 AM
I assume the monkey that did the work an the dealership will be replacing them? I MAKE them use a torque wrench. 102ft lbs in a criss-cross patern. Also The specified torque is pretty high in these cars. Most that I have owned were never over 85 ft lbs.

jason

Avid Edit
04-07-2003, 09:51 AM
Jason,
The service manager indicated that the rotors would be replaced "if that was the problem" (over torque). I just think it absurd that these things warp so easily. This is my second Volvo,same dealership,same warping problems.
My 67 Bug behaves better.
Go figure.

wiz
04-07-2003, 10:00 AM
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hiro&#39;s XC @ April 07 2003,07:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">102ft lbs[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Is that the Volvo requirement for this car? That does seem high... http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/huh2.gif

budrichard
04-07-2003, 11:43 AM
Had my mud guards installed at Field&#39;s in Libertyville with no problems. THEY KNOW me and my Volvo&#39;s. -Dick

Hiro's XC
04-07-2003, 05:35 PM
That has to be the issue. You drive in with them good, you leave drive a few miles and they are warped? I don&#39;t think so. Don&#39;t let them push you around and get Volvo involved if you need to. If you did the deed racing the car they would be BLUE from the heat and show other signs of extreme heat damage.

Good luck.

Jason