PDA

View Full Version : AC for the rear facing seat

papaquebec
09-15-2007, 12:34 AM
Hello,

I have noticed on hot days, when I have the AC on high, and I stop and get something from the cargo area, it is not very cool back there, sometimes it is simply hot.
We were thinking of adding the rear facing seat at some point, but if we can not cool it down back there, it would be very uncomfortable. What have others done?

Thank you,
Patrick

JRL
09-15-2007, 03:21 AM
Nothing CAN be done

yournamehere
09-15-2007, 12:49 PM
Hello,

I have noticed on hot days, when I have the AC on high, and I stop and get something from the cargo area, it is not very cool back there, sometimes it is simply hot.
We were thinking of adding the rear facing seat at some point, but if we can not cool it down back there, it would be very uncomfortable. What have others done?

Thank you,
Patrick

I found the cargo area of xc70 to be very hot as well. It takes a long time to cool off. I got the windows tinted all around. I can say that even on the hottest day (keeping in mind how it felt with no tint) the temp was much easier to keep moderate.

blkdiamond
09-15-2007, 01:50 PM
I haven't tried this, but you could get a small fan that plugs into the 12v power outlet in the cargo area (if you have this).

JRL
09-15-2007, 06:29 PM
I haven't tried this, but you could get a small fan that plugs into the 12v power outlet in the cargo area (if you have this).
Like the cab drivers of 30 years ago?
They had these little fans on the dashboards

yournamehere
09-15-2007, 06:48 PM
Like the cab drivers of 30 years ago?
They had these little fans on the dashboards

Speaking of cab drivers (not meaning to hijack the thread) but have you guys heard the Budweiser, Real Men of Genius Commercial -Mr. Taxicab Over accessorizer.

http://www.budlight.com/index.html

worth a look[thumbup]