PDA

View Full Version : Dreaded blinking arrow

psycho
09-11-2007, 01:01 PM
Hello everyone. Got that dreaded blinking yellow arrow on my '99 XC wagon. I've had the ABS/TRAC light blues for about a year, and recently got the yellow arrow. I removed the ABS/TRAC control unit and I'm thinking of having it rebuilt. Does anyone know if this might correct the yellow arrow? Also what is the procedure for clearing the truoble codes? Can I just disconnect the battery for a while?

JRL
09-11-2007, 04:18 PM
Also what is the procedure for clearing the truoble codes? Can I just disconnect the battery for a while?
No.
Try rowing the shifter back and forth about 20 times, with the engine running (brakes on, of course)
The PNP switch can get stuck.
You should have the codes read and see what's stored in the computer.
You can try to clear it with a code reader but it will probably come right back

psycho
09-24-2007, 12:08 PM
OK. I did the transmission flush (except on my '99 XC the upper hose is the hi pressure, not the return . . . :eek:D'OH, ask me how I found this out!!!). So, after that issue, fluid is perfect & clean. Then I took the OTC code scan tool & cleared the blinking trouble code using the OTC foreign generic module. Hey guess what??? no blinking arrow & transmission shifts perfectly. I used the AMSOIL synthetic fluid. I went through about 10 quarts until it was clear, and the magnet on the drainplug had only a trace of metal (unlike the GM's, Dodges and Ford I used to service). Those cars had LARGE amounts of metal on LARGE magnets. Now I have to go tackle that pesky oil leak on the rear of the engine.[cussing][cussing]

JRL
09-24-2007, 03:04 PM
OK. I did the transmission flush (except on my '99 XC the upper hose is the hi pressure, not the return . . . :eek:D'OH, ask me how I found this out!!!). So, after that issue, fluid is perfect & clean. Then I took the OTC code scan tool & cleared the blinking trouble code using the OTC foreign generic module. Hey guess what??? no blinking arrow & transmission shifts perfectly. I used the AMSOIL synthetic fluid. I went through about 10 quarts until it was clear, and the magnet on the drainplug had only a trace of metal (unlike the GM's, Dodges and Ford I used to service). Those cars had LARGE amounts of metal on LARGE magnets. Now I have to go tackle that pesky oil leak on the rear of the engine.[cussing][cussing]

Jolly good show, I'll keep my fingers crossed.
That "pesky" oil leak is an 8 hour job [nonono]