PDA

View Full Version : Anyreason I shouldn't buy these?

yournamehere
09-11-2007, 05:48 AM
http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?MfrCode=MON&MfrPartNumber=71485&PartType=49&PTSet=A

They are replacement struts for the front of the car. Mine a shot, and these are high quality and cheap.

Any downside you can see?

Monroe's web site shows these are the correct struts for the xc as well as the 2wd v70

JRL
09-11-2007, 04:11 PM
http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?MfrCode=MON&MfrPartNumber=71485&PartType=49&PTSet=A

They are replacement struts for the front of the car. Mine a shot, and these are high quality and cheap.

Any downside you can see?

Monroe's web site shows these are the correct struts for the xc as well as the 2wd v70

Not sure if they are. XC struts are a bit longer for the height.
However, they WILL fit but may be a bit stiffer (a good thing in my book)

yournamehere
09-11-2007, 06:53 PM
Not sure if they are. XC struts are a bit longer for the height.
However, they WILL fit but may be a bit stiffer (a good thing in my book)

I'd love to have a stiffer ride. Should I do all 4 corners while I'm at it?

JRL
09-11-2007, 08:18 PM

That would be great if you could.
NO ONE (except Volvo) makes a rear shock for an AWD (ANY AWD)
(No aftermarket available)

Aviator
09-12-2007, 08:40 AM
http://www.ipdusa.com/Volvo-V70-2001-2008/Suspension-&-Steering/Shocks-&-Struts/Shocks-&-Struts-SachsOEM/p-127-388-500-2187/

Try this out while JRL gets his eyes checked.

Dave.

Willy
09-12-2007, 06:41 PM

While it may not be an option you care about, the auto levelling schocks also give a stiffer ride (made by ZF-Sachs as well).
The auto levelling system has other advantages, since the car always returns to its "neutral" position, the full
suspension travel stays available, even when heavy loaded. You may have guessed the major disadvantage: $$$ :o
Willy

JRL
09-12-2007, 07:51 PM
http://www.ipdusa.com/Volvo-V70-2001-2008/Suspension-&-Steering/Shocks-&-Struts/Shocks-&-Struts-SachsOEM/p-127-388-500-2187/

Try this out while JRL gets his eyes checked.

Dave.

Hey wise ass,
OEM MEANS ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT AND WHAT DID I SAY?
only volvo has shocks for AWD, those are Sachs (VOLVO) shocks
(being sold by ipd).
So I suggest YOU get your eyes and perhaps your brain checked while you're at it

Shock Rear AWD
Only fits AWD Models
ipd#: 8671712
Alternates: 30760055
Brand: OEM Volvo or Sachs (OEM)

JRL
09-12-2007, 07:56 PM
While it may not be an option you care about, the auto levelling schocks also give a stiffer ride (made by ZF-Sachs as well).
The auto levelling system has other advantages, since the car always returns to its "neutral" position, the full
suspension travel stays available, even when heavy loaded. You may have guessed the major disadvantage: $$$ :o
Willy
If the car came with a Nivomats, all you can replace it with is a Nivomat. If it came with regular shocks, all you can replace it with is regular shocks.
The mounts are completely different, there is NO choice, what you have is what you will replace it with unless you want to tear your entire rear end apart

Willy
09-13-2007, 07:32 AM
Oops, I didn't know that, I thought they were compatibel. This also means that I will have no choice
but to replace the Nivomats if the need occurs (I don't think I would want to make the change to normal schocks
based on comfort alone, but I think the cost of new Nivomats could me change my mind :o).
So, that won't happen then!
Willy

Aviator
09-17-2007, 06:27 PM
Hey wise ass,
OEM MEANS ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT AND WHAT DID I SAY?
only volvo has shocks for AWD, those are Sachs (VOLVO) shocks
(being sold by ipd).
So I suggest YOU get your eyes and perhaps your brain checked while you're at it

I think what you're trying to say is that there is no other purchase option than at the dealer......which is wrong of course. My point is to help by saying that there are alternatives to the dealer.....IPD is one of them. I think there may be some linguistic confusion with what we are trying to say ???

Dave.

JRL
09-17-2007, 06:33 PM
I think what you're trying to say is that there is no other purchase option than at the dealer......which is wrong of course. My point is to help by saying that there are alternatives to the dealer.....IPD is one of them. I think there may be some linguistic confusion with what we are trying to say ???

Dave.
No , I didn't say that and I wish you would just stop bating and SHUT THE Hell UP.
OEM means original equipment and you know GD well that's what it means.
If you can buy a Nivomat other places by all means do, but, as I said, for the REAR SHOCKS on a Nivomat equipped car there are no aftermarket shocks MADE, PERIOD. Not for a P2 car.
(Fly weenie, If you find any let me know, I've been trying to find some for years now)

yournamehere
09-17-2007, 07:22 PM
Actually...
OEM means Original Equipment Manufacturer.
OE means it is the original equipment found on the vehicle

When referring to an original part or an near-identical to original replacement part, OE is the correct acronym.
When referring to a manufacturer that makes a given part found originally installed, OEM is the correct acronym.

...but I'm sure you already knew that.

I know I'm just a 'Junior Member' and that you JRL are (is) very knowledgeable, but I am having difficulty dealing with the negative tone of nearly everyone of your (his) posts. Is this a jovial attitude that should be played along with or are you (is he) so miserable with life that you feel the need to be hateful, angry, and disgusted with everyone whom doesn't feel exactly as you do.

I plan to contact an administrator of this forum to verify the awareness of you and your foul language and negative content. Man, I hope you're not an administrator for this site.

JRL
09-17-2007, 07:40 PM
Actually...
OEM means Original Equipment Manufacturer.
OE means it is the original equipment found on the vehicle

When referring to an original part or an near-identical to original replacement part, OE is the correct acronym.
When referring to a manufacturer that makes a given part found originally installed, OEM is the correct acronym.

...but I'm sure you already knew that.

I know I'm just a 'Junior Member' and that JRL you are (is) very knowledgeable, but I am having difficulty dealing with the negative tone of nearly everyone of your (his) posts. Is this a jovial attitude that should be played along with or are you (is he) so miserable with life that you feel the need to be hateful, angry, and disgusted with everyone whom doesn't feel exactly as you do.

I plan to contact an administrator of this forum to verify the awareness of you and your foul language and negative content. Man, I hope you're not an administrator for this site.

Well, you know, he just keeps on picking and picking and I don't take too well to that so he will get it with all barrels
He's wrong, but he's trying to find some reason to keep this alive.
What I said is the truth, it's as simple as that.
The post had no negativity to begin with,just trying to explain to someone that he can't find any shock except a Volvo shock for the rear of his XC and if this bothers you, you most surely don't have to read it and further the problem by you getting involved.
Why someone has to continue to argue falsehoods is beyond me but I didn't say anything to you (either way) so why are you becoming involved in something that you were not involved with?

(I'm a he, not an is, or a his, or a they)

yournamehere
09-17-2007, 07:53 PM
Well, you know, he just keeps on picking and picking and I don't take too well to that so he will get it with all barrels
He's wrong, but he's trying to find some reason to keep this alive.
What I said is the truth, it's as simple as that.
The post had no negativity to begin with,just trying to explain to someone that he can't find any shock except a Volvo shock for the rear of his XC and if this bothers you, you most surely don't have to read it and further the problem by you getting involved.
Why someone has to continue to argue falsehoods is beyond me but I didn't say anything to you (either way) so why are you becoming involved in something that you were not involved with?

(I'm a he, not an is, or a his, or a they)

I became involved because I started the thread Jim. By using the alternative nouns in parentheses I'm able to address you (him) and everyone that may read the thread.

...SHUT THE Hell UP.
...Hey wise ass,
...So I suggest YOU get your eyes and perhaps your brain checked while you're at it
...The hell it is
...You just keep on using it then...(sigh)
...Don't you have an owners manual?
If so, READ IT, if not GET ONE

These are examples that I've witnessed in the last few days.

JRL
09-18-2007, 04:06 AM
You are correct and for the 1st two I humbly apoligize, he caught me at a bad time with his continuing bantering me.
A partial on the 3rd.
Nothing wrong with the last couple and he should read the manual

goldxc70
09-18-2007, 11:02 AM
You are correct and for the 1st two I humbly apoligize, he caught me at a bad time with his continuing bantering me.
A partial on the 3rd.
Nothing wrong with the last couple and he should read the manual

Plenty wrong with them all, IMHO. They all display an inability to articulate a thought and to have a reasonable discourse on a forum that invites participation and opinions. Let's remember we're all on here to gather and share information and, presumably, to help each other. So lets all be nice - or at the very least civil with each other :)