PDA

View Full Version : BSR PPC power surging problem

craig h
09-07-2007, 10:21 AM
I just used my new BSR PPC to do a stage 1 tune on my 2.4T. The tuning went fine but now instead of having 52bhp more ive got problems.

When I put my foot down the power builds ok but then it feels like the turbo pressure gets to high so the ecu closes the throttle. Then when the pressure drops so it opens the throttle again. It does this once a second through all the rpms from 2500-6000 like a gentle kangaroo.

Ive checked the hoses to and from the turbo solenoid but cant see anything wrong.

Can anyone help?

yournamehere
09-09-2007, 09:00 AM
Being new to the Volvo world I'm not familiar with the "BSR PPC stage 1 tune". I can say that I had the same symptoms. I replaced the boost control valve and all the surging went away.

Are you familiar with this valve and how to replace it?

Maybe your problem developed coincidentally and had little to do with the tune.

JRL
09-09-2007, 12:00 PM
Try what the man says then stop deaming.
The BSR flash may, (I repeat may), give you 30-32hp no more.
They flat out lie with their (hp) claims

ifnt420
09-09-2007, 11:22 PM
I just used my new BSR PPC to do a stage 1 tune on my 2.4T. The tuning went fine but now instead of having 52bhp more ive got problems.

When I put my foot down the power builds ok but then it feels like the turbo pressure gets to high so the ecu closes the throttle. Then when the pressure drops so it opens the throttle again. It does this once a second through all the rpms from 2500-6000 like a gentle kangaroo.

Ive checked the hoses to and from the turbo solenoid but cant see anything wrong.

Can anyone help?

Change the Turbo Solenoid Valve next to the Air Box.
It gets clogged with dirt, and before the BSR upgrade it wasn't as apparent due to lower boost pressure.
Mine did exactly the same after my RICA ecu upgrade.
$30 easy DIY fix.
Keep us posted.

Ben

craig h
09-11-2007, 09:57 AM
thanks guys, i'll try a new boost control solenoid and get back to you with the results!

craig h
09-19-2007, 03:22 AM
Problem Solved!

I fitted a new boost control solenoid and the surging has stoped.

Theres definatley an increase in power now and lots more in the mid-range so i dont need to thrash it quite so much to make the same overtaking moves. Compared to my old T5 theres a lot more turbo lag but i can live with it.

Thanks for your help guys!