PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof - mystery part (Volvo parts diagram anyone?)

wwilme
09-01-2007, 09:22 AM
There is a site for BMW called www.RealOEM.com where you can plug in your VIN or just all the info you know for any BMW and look up any and all parts by their OEM part number or name. Best of all there is a schematic drawing of every part and section of the car. Great help when I had to reassemble the interior of my 318 trunk after a year. The schematic drawing showed me where everything went and I was able to look up a few unidentifiable parts by their number.

Anyone know if there is anything similar for Volvo? Or at least some basic schematic drawings on line? I am convinced that my dealer did not completely put our sunroof back together after replacing the “sunroof mechanism” according to the bill. There was a part lying on the seat which they will not claim and an accompanying rattle in the headliner at the back of the sunroof. I’d like to figure out what this part is, but there is no PN on it anywhere.

dhayner
09-01-2007, 06:28 PM
This (http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getLocator&siteid=213824&chapter=ERN9712&appSectionid=2695&groupid=2699&subgroupid=2286&componentid=0&make=36&model=V70&year=2001&graphicID=9712485&callout=4&catalogid=2) may help.

wwilme
09-14-2007, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the site link. The diagrams are good, but not enough to identify this piece. Here are a couple of photos. The part is plastic, about 6" long and has a sort of clip on each end. The only number found is "2" on the inside of the bend. The part has a gentle curve to it, about the same as the curve in the sunroof glass.

The sunroof glass continues to rattle over bumps when it is open and if you whack the headliner below the sunroof, you definitely get the impression not all is tight up there.

If anyone knows what this piece of plastic is, please let me know. The dealer says they are done with out sunroof, unless we want to pay!