PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Adjustment

tssfka
08-28-2007, 07:21 PM
Hi all,

New to the forum and new to Volvo ownership. I recently purchased a 98 V70XC. It's got all the options fitted and is in very good condition.

I have a question though: Is there a way to adjust the aim height of the headlights?

The car has had a minor bingle on the right front corner and the headlight was replaced, leaving the right beam angled too low compared to the left.

I've searched the forum and looked through all the manuals I could find and haven't found the answer. I have found the L/R adjustment on the headlight body and there is also a screw point on what I assume is the electric motor for the light angle but I don't want to just go turning things in ignorance...

TYIA for your help,

tssfka

JRL
08-28-2007, 07:48 PM
Put the car in front of a wall and turn away, you really can't hurt anything

marctoddio
01-21-2008, 02:34 PM
I just walked in from adjusting my headlights against the garage wall. My left headlamp was way to high on low beam. The hex head adjustment (plastic) moved my down a little. I felt inside the headlamp assembly and found that the assembly was loose inside the lense housing. There is a little black arm in the middle of the assembly which must attach to a plastic fin located between the two lamp receptacles. This will stabilize the assembly enough for you to adjust against the garage wall.
Have fun. I'm still bleeding.
Toddio