PDA

View Full Version : does it look better?

griso4r
08-21-2007, 04:26 AM
in the attached file i tried to eliminate the visual impact of the front trims , which one do you prefer?

i go for the modified one.
ciao

tgwillard
08-21-2007, 01:18 PM
Others have modified the digital photos of the 2008 XC70 and I agree the bright trim detracts from the look of the car.

JRL
08-21-2007, 07:33 PM
Others have modified the digital photos of the 2008 XC70 and I agree the bright trim detracts from the look of the car.
Front's not so bad (every car company seems to be doing this look) the REAR slats are what's UGLY

griso4r
08-22-2007, 12:56 AM
i know i'm not the first doing this kind of exercise, just wanted to have your opinions.
i tried to do the same with the tail, the best option i think is the one without not only the trim but also the red component.
ciao

JRL
08-22-2007, 04:15 PM
i know i'm not the first doing this kind of exercise, just wanted to have your opinions.
i tried to do the same with the tail, the best option i think is the one without not only the trim but also the red component.
ciao
The red reflector /light/whatever it is, is fine.
It's that silver surround that's awful.
I studied that when I saw the car last spring and came to the conclusion that the fronts (silver surrounds) I could get used to but that rear was bloddy awful

XCelerate
08-24-2007, 03:59 AM
imho the original looks better. The silver trims break what in the modified version is a large black surface that would make the car look too lumpy (looking like the front-end of a train).

Coutainville
08-24-2007, 05:06 AM
I must admit I agree with griso4r & tgwillard, I do not like the silver on the front fog lamps...
Saab did the same with the new 9 series and, it looks awful !!!
I do not think that there is that much of a difference with the old type (Which is a good thing), but I do prefer the old one...
I will probably like it with time, but I did not have to accomodate myself with the old model, I liked it the first day I saw it...

Cheers

AWD*V70XC
08-25-2007, 04:38 PM
imho the original looks better. The silver trims break what in the modified version is a large black surface that would make the car look too lumpy (looking like the front-end of a train).
I am getting use to the original now and if it is anything like the MY07 version from behind Whoaaa she looks so lifted it looks cool.