PDA

View Full Version : Seat memory?

anthony8464
10-21-2002, 09:16 PM
I'm sure this is probably user error, but we can't figure out the seat memory function.  My wife and I share the same set of keys to the car as we never take the keys out of the ignition when parked in our garage.  

Read the manual and can't figure out a pattern/trick to the auto-memory trick.  I have her programed in "1" and me in "2"...no problem hitting those buttons to adjust, but it's random on what position it stays in as we use the car....

What's the simple trick we're missing here??

tzunuum
10-21-2002, 11:36 PM
Hi,

The current seat and mirror position is adjusted to the key you have opend the car with. Just lock and unlock the car with one key then press the one of the saved adjustments either for you or your wife. Hold the numer and the memory button for at least some seconds. Lock the car with the same key. Unlock the car with the other key.

Repeat the same procedure as described above with the seond memory settings. Then lock the car with this key. Now one of each key is programmed to one of each memory positions. e.g. your wife have driven the car with her key she has to lock the car. When you enter the car use your key to unlock the car and as you open the door everything starts to adjust to its correct position. The mystic is that everyone has its "own" key and the car always has to be locked and unlocked.

Hope this helps
Thomas

Aemsn
10-22-2002, 01:53 AM
Hi!

Jopp - thats right.

If the car is already open - sit in the front seat - and then press the unlock button once for every key pair - and you will notice the seat is switching between the positions. So you don't need to lock your car for switching seat positions.

wiz
10-22-2002, 07:03 AM
Aemsn is right you can just push the number button down if the seat has been moved and it slides right back to your setting. Very useful after the car has been serviced...

BTW, my wife's number is 1 and mine is 3. Now what does that tell you??? http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/happy.gif