PDA

View Full Version : anyone using the draw-tite brand hitch?

havesome
07-22-2007, 02:55 PM
so i have seen many people usingf the hiddedn hitch brand but u-haul has the draw-tite brand for 135$.so is anyone using this type,any problems with height or the bumper cover,any cuts or modifications or was it a clean bolt-on with a nice fit?

Jack
07-22-2007, 08:27 PM
Both are owned by the same company (http://www.cequentgroup.com/) and are likely made in the same factory, so I would expect the fit to be similiar. That said, I did use the Hidden Hitch model on both my XC and V50. No problems with either.

BillAileo
07-25-2007, 02:43 PM
IPD sells the Draw-Tite brand. Mine arrived today & it took all of about twenty minutes to install the hitch. Now comes the fun part, wiring the trailer light plug....

Bill

slowflyer
07-25-2007, 10:10 PM
I installed a DrawTite on our '01 a few years ago. Like BillAileo said, it took about 20 minutes. We have had no problems with it. The welds seem good and the holes were correct. We just mount a bike rack to it, no towing.

Have to say, though, that I was behind an XC today that had the factory hitch. It looked nice tucked up tighter to the bumper than the aftermarket units.