PDA

View Full Version : where do you guys tie off canoes on the xc

havesome
07-15-2007, 12:40 AM
hey ,so i had the obvious front tow hook on my 940 but where o where do i find good tie off point for a canoe on the xc,i see nothing great on the front or rear-tell me your secrets

BillAileo
07-15-2007, 03:39 AM
There are recesses behind removeable plastic covers in the front and rear bumpers where tow hooks can be screwed in. One tow hook should have come with your car.

Bill

Willy
07-15-2007, 08:32 AM
Take a look here:
http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8854&highlight=kayak
Willy

havesome
07-16-2007, 08:34 AM
hey ya'll bought my xc used and there is no manual or kit with the eye hooks included could ya' tell me the mm size and length of the bolt please,and by the way isn't it lame that there is not a factory attached tow hook like on the 940's.seems like a big piece of a needed problem when it comes up? and also do you know the thread seze of the attachment points for the tow hitch as i could put eye hooks in there too. for the canoe tie offs-thanx

littlewaywelt
07-17-2007, 01:09 PM
hey ya'll bought my xc used and there is no manual or kit with the eye hooks included could ya' tell me the mm size and length of the bolt please,and by the way isn't it lame that there is not a factory attached tow hook like on the 940's.seems like a big piece of a needed problem when it comes up? and also do you know the thread seze of the attachment points for the tow hitch as i could put eye hooks in there too. for the canoe tie offs-thanx
did you check with the spare tire?

Skid_o
07-18-2007, 09:23 AM
Here is a photo of where we tie our canoe in the front. There is hole in the middle in the front. On the back i have a trailer hitch to hook on to.