PDA

View Full Version : Pre-50K Service

Ag04XC
07-12-2007, 12:00 AM
I will soon be taking my 04 in for an end-of-warranty check up. I know that much of this has been covered here and there throughout a number of threads on this board, but Im hoping that someone could spout off a concise list of things that I should definitely have looked at and may have covered under my warranty if needed. I am aware that there are a number of things that tend to go out about this time, and needless to say, I would like to get some use out of my warranty prior to its expiration, so it would be helpful to know what should be covered in the event that I need to get firm with these chaps. For example: the sensor that adjusts the seat and mirrors just stopped working the other day, and every time I break wilst travelling down a significant incline, I get a warning that my break fluid is low- Ive checked, its looks fine to me. Are all the electrical/computer issues covered? How about software upgrades? Thanks for the help!

mitchgat
07-12-2007, 06:34 AM
Well, I'm at 51000 miles and am about to pay $800 for a new Driver Information Module....I'm not saying that the two items you describe are DIM related, but it's worth finding out if they are, as your DIM is covered under warranty. Had mine been a certified used car, I wouldn't be paying a dime. Good luck and get it all done!

Mitch