PDA

View Full Version : Ouch!

mitchgat
07-11-2007, 09:11 AM
So here I sit at the local dealer, cringing at the very thought of what's about to happen...

It all started innocently enough. The XC70 I've owned for about 6 weeks now started offering me the "SRS airbag servicing....urgent" message, so I dutifully made my appointment and expected a reset and that then everything would be peachy. Au contraire.

After running the scan and determining that there was no issue with the airbag sensor, the dashboard exclamation point wouldn't go away, EVEN WITH THE KEY OFF!

My tech has now called the national hotline to get help with this, but in the meantime I've been told that the likely culprit is the entire DIM, which is going to hit me for $700 installed...

Can someone remind me again why I bought this car??? Seriously.

Oh, and if that exclamation point has ever been an issue with you, feel free to let me know about that as well...

Ragman
07-11-2007, 09:41 AM
If the exclamation point is the only problem they can detect and everything else is functional, I'd black it out with a piece of electric tape.

There are only four things I want a car to tell me: 1. I have gasoline 2. I have oil pressure 3. I'm not overheating. and 4. How fast I'm going.

RobC
07-11-2007, 09:54 AM
Mitchgat,
I feel your pain, spending that kind of money on a car you only had for a short while! My only suggestion for anyone buying a pre-owned Volvo is to get a certified one. My 2001 V70 XC needed a new tranny, ETM upgrade, and some suspension parts after about a year of owning it. But, having bought certified, it hasn't cost me a dime! My warranty has just expired, after 2 years, and I'm hoping that there will be no more major issues.

Rob C