PDA

View Full Version : 3rd row seat and children

SVX JAZZ
07-03-2007, 08:51 AM
I was reading in the owners manual and it said “Do not use a booster cushion or child seat in conjunction with the auxiliary seat.” NC Law requires children to be in a child seat or booster till they are at least 80lbs. It also says in the owners manual, “This seat is designed for two children, each weighing between 50 - 88 lbs.” So when can kids use the 3rd row seat? I’d like to know what everyone else is doing. Thanks, Paul

JRL
07-03-2007, 09:29 AM
I was reading in the owners manual and it said “Do not use a booster cushion or child seat in conjunction with the auxiliary seat.” NC Law requires children to be in a child seat or booster till they are at least 80lbs. It also says in the owners manual, “This seat is designed for two children, each weighing between 50 - 88 lbs.” So when can kids use the 3rd row seat? I’d like to know what everyone else is doing. Thanks, Paul

I think you read that wrong, 80 lbs!?????
I think it's 50 or 60 but check with a NJ Volvo dealer, they should have an answer for you

SVX JAZZ
07-03-2007, 10:51 AM
Yeah, NC laws changed and upped the weight for a booster seat to be used till 80lbs. A regular child seat is used up until 40lbs.

"Effective as of January 1, 2005, NC law requires that children less than 8 years old and less than 80 pounds be restrained in belt-positioning boosters or some other type of child restraint."

littlewaywelt
07-05-2007, 12:57 PM

The third row places the seat and belt at booster height. When I put my almost 5 year old in there or my 4 year old, the belt crosses their body exactly the same way as it does when they are in the factory booster seats.

SVX JAZZ
07-06-2007, 07:53 AM
Thanks! Just what I was wondering.