PDA

View Full Version : Remote Control not adjusting seats/mirrors

delorean
07-01-2007, 10:59 PM
I understand that after the last remote used on the car, the other remote suppose to adjust seats and mirrors according to its settings. It only appears to be doing it with one remote. As the car seems to get the signals from the remote, I rule out the receiver on the car. The remote must be dedective. Is it possible if the remote can be fixed? could a low battery charge cause it? Do I need to see the dealer on this? Any advise appreciated.:(

Aviator
07-02-2007, 06:54 PM
I wouldn't condemn the remote.....it's probably a case of mistakenly bumping one of the memory buttons on the seat while your key was in the ignition. Here's what to do.....with your key, put it in the ignition, close the door, and turn the ignition on. Adjust the seat and mirrors to your liking. Press and hold the MEMORY button on the side of the seat, and press 1, 2, or 3 while holding the MEMORY button in. Then, take the key out, get out, close the door and lock the car. Get the other remote, unlock the car, open the driver's door and observe the seating position change as per its settings. Close and lock the door again, and then do the same procedure with your remote......should be back to normal. I just went through this Friday with a buddy I went to town with. I went in to a few stores and left him in the car with the key in the ignition, and I'm pretty sure he was f****** around with things in my absence. My wife picked up on it immediately. My buddy has an '06 Altima and I think he's a bit jealous of my XC.......Asian cars have no spirit or elegance !!!

Dave.