PDA

View Full Version : My first "message"

mitchgat
06-28-2007, 07:37 PM
Okay team,

I'm a virgin to the "messages" my XC sends, but today I got my first. I would appreciate any input or thoughts on how quickly I need to get this checked out. My biggest fear in buying a Volvo was with the maintenance costs....

Here's what I got: SRS airbags--Urgent!

Whattya think? And anyone had to have theirs "fixed"? How much? Is this a dealer fix or can I try an indie for less $$?

Thanks in advance,

Mitch

JRL
06-28-2007, 07:41 PM
Well, if you weren't installing a new stereo (were you) you DO have an airbag sensor problem and you need to get this fixed at a Volvo dealer, sorry

thegruffalo
06-28-2007, 11:49 PM
We received an airbag message that the dealer traced to a weak battery.

Good luck with this.

MoeB
06-29-2007, 07:16 AM
I got the message after connecting my battery with the climate control module disconnected. Even though I told them what I did, the dealer still had to "diagnose" it (liability issue, I guess). Ran about $100. If you go the indie route, you will need to find one that has the VIDA system.

gibbons
06-29-2007, 10:05 AM
Has anyone replaced their stock battery because the original died? My is coming up on 4 years (time flies). It seems fine, but I hate surprises. This is highlighted by the the 5 year old battery in my truck that died dead with no warning. I hate that.

newly75
02-27-2008, 06:23 PM
Well, if you weren't installing a new stereo (were you) you DO have an airbag sensor problem and you need to get this fixed at a Volvo dealer, sorry

I just finfished installing a new head unit in my father car. (XC70) and I do have the SRS - Urgent message. is there any way to clear it without a dealer? What caused the message?

P.S. sorry didn't mean to highkack this thread.

JRL
02-27-2008, 06:37 PM
You MUST disconnect the battery before working on a Volvo radio.

OFF TO THE DEALER YOU GO

No, there's no other way

newly75
02-27-2008, 07:10 PM
DAMN!!

thanks

MoeB
03-03-2008, 06:37 PM
I just finfished installing a new head unit in my father car. (XC70) and I do have the SRS - Urgent message. is there any way to clear it without a dealer? What caused the message?

It happened because, for some godforsaken reason, Volvo decided to wire the SRS airbag system to the climate control module. I'm sure it makes sense from an electronic engineering perspective, but... [cussing][cussing]

JRL
03-03-2008, 08:21 PM
It happened because, for some godforsaken reason, Volvo decided to wire the SRS airbag system to the climate control module. I'm sure it makes sense from an electronic engineering perspective, but... [cussing][cussing]

NOTHING Volvo does makes engineering sense, plus they have lousy engineers and the WORST software engineeres.
They need to hire Japanese programmers