PDA

View Full Version : Software Upgrade?

Mitch
06-24-2007, 05:13 AM
I recently had the driver side door mirror replaced as a result of a collision with a tree (along with door and a bunch of other items).

In any event, the mirror does not retain it's memory. The insurance is going to pay for me to have the mirror reprogrammed at the dealer. I have an appointment this Friday (dealer is 200kms from me).

I wonder if I should aske them to upgrade the general software for the car at the same time? Would this be something that they are going to do anyway and if not, I wonder how much it would cost?

I am not having any other issues with the car and if they can do it without any costs while they do the mirror, then that would be fine. If it's something like $50, then it wouldn't be too bad and I can put it all on the same bill for the insurance. If it's something like $250, then I'm sure the insurance wouldn't cover it.

-Mitch

04 XC70
99 Passat 1.8T
69 Triumph GT6+

RedXC
06-24-2007, 09:38 PM
Yes. Just make sure you have all the software updated. For MY04, I am sure the dealership is suppose to do the update for free or is within the TSB.