PDA

View Full Version : Cold Start Slow Transmission Shifts

dtlayman
03-08-2002, 05:31 AM
I don't know if anyone has experienced slow transmission shifts at cold starts, but if have, ask your dealer for the software upgrade.  We have had a mild winter, but when it has been cold we have experienced pulling out of our driveway with a car that would not want to get up and go.  It would hesitate shifting.  When I told the dealer yesterday, he said he thought there was a software upgrade and they upgraded it according to the repair ticket.  We will let you know if it has indeed improved the performance.

Northern Rider
03-13-2002, 09:22 AM
Hi,
It is true that winter has been quite mild. Do you happen to have a ref # for this software upgrade? also at what temp did you experience the problem? I have had the XC for only a week now, barely 1K Km. Thanks

MC: Northern Rider

dtlayman
03-13-2002, 07:17 PM
I should have taken better notice if there was a certain temperature threshold where this occured.  I would guess when it got under 30 degrees or so at night.  ID # is 667.

Ron3KL
03-15-2002, 05:59 AM
Interesting. I'm getting the same problem in the mornings and its still autumn down under i.e. 25°C/77°F during the day and 8°C/47°F at night.