Default Correct Front Springs for MY04?

Some time ago, I redid my front suspension (broken spring on passenger side as well as worn everything else) and used quick struts by Sensen. I had some immediate misgivings because of the creaking noises they initially made. Those noises went away and everything was alright for a couple of years. Now it appears that the strut mount/spring seat has failed on both sides.

I was hoping to put the Sachs quickstrut in but it appears to be OOS or on backorder everywhere. So now I'm busily trying to assemble the parts to replace both sides. When I look at springs, I see notes like "Only for Models W/ Suspension Marked 2L, 2P, 2Z, 4B, 4F, 4V, 6G, 6V, 18". Where is this marking?

Other springs like Nordic don't have any notes but are confirmed for my MY.

According to my car product code, the spring code is 14 but most sites don't seem to have this. Any ideas? Should I go for the Nordic?

I *just* bought a pair of "14" springs for my son's 04 from Autopartway.ca. The part was LES1855852, and I am about 2 hours away from finishing the install.

Quote Originally Posted by goldxc70 View Post
    Some time ago, I redid my front suspension (broken spring on passenger side as well as worn everything else) and used quick struts by Sensen. I had some immediate misgivings because of the creaking noises they initially made. Those noises went away and everything was alright for a couple of years. Now it appears that the strut mount/spring seat has failed on both sides.

I was hoping to put the Sachs quickstrut in but it appears to be OOS or on backorder everywhere. So now I'm busily trying to assemble the parts to replace both sides. When I look at springs, I see notes like "Only for Models W/ Suspension Marked 2L, 2P, 2Z, 4B, 4F, 4V, 6G, 6V, 18". Where is this marking?

Other springs like Nordic don't have any notes but are confirmed for my MY.

According to my car product code, the spring code is 14 but most sites don't seem to have this. Any ideas? Should I go for the Nordic?

Quote Originally Posted by xcdriver902 View Post
    I *just* bought a pair of "14" springs for my son's 04 from Autopartway.ca. The part was LES1855852, and I am about 2 hours away from finishing the install.
    Sorry, got the name wrong: autopartsway.ca

Amazing how this stuff works. Shortly after posting my message, I also found a listing for Suplex coil spring for spring code 14. Now I am pretty sure I had checked that site earlier before I posted ...

Tks, xcdriver902 and let us know how your job went.

Amazing how this stuff works. Shortly after posting my message, I also found a listing for Suplex coil spring for spring code 14. Now I am pretty sure I had checked that site earlier before I posted ...

Tks, xcdriver902 and let us know how your job went.
    All back together and on the road last night. One spring had broken and the pieces got wrapped around each other, but apart from that it was a straightforward job. Thanks for asking.

Quote Originally Posted by xcdriver902 View Post
    All back together and on the road last night. One spring had broken and the pieces got wrapped around each other, but apart from that it was a straightforward job. Thanks for asking.
    Did you do a full strut rebuild or just the springs?

Did you do a full strut rebuild or just the springs?
    The rest of the strut was only a year old, so it was only springs this time.