Default Alarm System Service required 2004 XC90

Read a few posts about this, but this message only comes on after I lock the doors. in other words, if I do not lock my car, the message never comes on, once the doors get locked, the message will show up the next time after I unlock the car get in & start the vehicle. Not sure if it has any meaning, but it seemed like this started when I had to pull out the CD changer and sent it for repairs. Advise anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by mclarkus View Post
    Read a few posts about this, but this message only comes on after I lock the doors. in other words, if I do not lock my car, the message never comes on, once the doors get locked, the message will show up the next time after I unlock the car get in & start the vehicle. Not sure if it has any meaning, but it seemed like this started when I had to pull out the CD changer and sent it for repairs. Advise anyone?
    There's a whole xc90 forum, but it's typically the alarm module in the RF fender. The are about 200 bucks and take about 30 minutes to replace.

It's probably the alarm siren module. More specifically, it's the NiCd battery in that module which is either dead or dying. Some people have removed the module, cut it open and replaced the battery. In this case the $200 job becomes a $20 job and a little extra work.