Default Whats a good deal on extending my warranty

First a little background:

I'm in Chicago.

I have a MY04 brought in July '03.

I have ~49300 miles.

I was at the dealership and they offered to extend my factory warranty to:

84 months/100K Miles (expires July 2010) for $2377.00

Does this seem like a good deal.

The sales person that ussualy you have ot be under 1000 miles but they coudl fudge it for me.

I ve heard of 3rd party warranties but some of them requrie you pay out of pocket first.

We'ld like to keep the xc70 till 2010 maybe even longer. I'ld like to get 10 years out of it. Are there any 3rd party warranties that go past 100K miles (say 150K miles)?

Thanks in advance for everybody's comments and help.

- George
    Is the factory Volvo extension a good deal?

The 3rd party extended warranty on my 2000 XC just expired at 90,000 miles. I paid $2500 for it when I bought the car in 2004 with 54,006 miles on it (36mo./36K mi.). It was a tremendous piece of mind - AND - it covered my ETM when it failed.

I'd love to buy another warranty that went to 150K miles, but I've never heard of one going that far (but that doesn't mean they don't exist). 84 mo./100K miles for that price sounds like a great deal to me.

I look forward to other's comments as well.
    Mike
    Bluegrass-XC
    (Somewhere on the Space Coast)

2000 V70 SE Cross Country
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer 4x4 (in Blazer Heaven)

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool -
    than to open your mouth and remove all doubt".

Default Extended Warranty

I just extended mine to 100,000 thru Volvo.
    Car: 05XC70 with 22,300 miles.
    Cost: $1,800 with a $100 deductable.

"Peace of mind for a chunk of change."

Ozzie

I have an Eagle Warranty, 4 years, unlimited mileage. The price at time of purchase was $1,700 when my '01 had 48,000K. I've yet to need it (touch wood), but others I know who have had dealings with Eagle have been very satisfied. Peace of mind, especially considering that I live four hours from the nearest dealership.

I have bad thoughts of the 3rd party warrenty. Some of my volvo customers who have bought 3rd party warrenties have had problems where they have to pay out of pocket
    1st and then submit to be repaid, one other issue is the warrenty companies only cover a certain amount of the labor cost. One customers warrenty only pays $50 per hour. That does not help him if I am charging $65 and the dealer is charging $90-100. In my eyes it is better to buy a "Volvo Factory Warrenty" so that the dealer is going to be making the repair and you and then you can fight with volvo who may be more responsive. My opinion is to save the money put it in a CD in the bank and then when you need $800 for repairs you have the cash on hand. It sounds like most people on here do their own work on her so they are saving on that portion as well.

Call several Volvo stealerships to find out about the warranty's pricing. When I was getting my extended warranty, one dealer quoted me $2500 whereas another dealer sold me the same warranty for $1400. There is a reason why people do not trust dealers.

Ta-ta, j.
    Second gen., Nautical Blue XC70Volvo: "Anything else just isn't up to it" and Wife's Volvo S70: "In manual Transmission She Trusts"

I just bought another 45,000 miles and three years "full car coverage comprehensive", $100 deductable, unlimited claims, that will take me to 108,969 miles and October 14, 2009. Now for the bad news... $3,548
    It didn't really seem too bad considering my current extended warranty that came with the Certified purchase is going to run out Dec. 31 and we paid $220 on a $2,700 transfer case replacement 18 months ago...
    Anybody heard of Vehicle Services out of St. Peters, MO?

2000 V70XC
    00 V70XC AWD moondust 199K
    08 F250 4X4 gold suprcab 70K
    VCOA

Default Warranty

Usually can't go wrong with manufacturers warranty; nervous about 3rd party.

Just extended our warranty before the 80,000 km expiry of original on our 2004. Extends to 160,000 km. Paid $2,800 cdn. with $0 deductible. Good piece of mind as we replaced 2 of our visors (homelink option) which would have cost $480 cdn. Also had ball joint replaced under warranty (not sure of the retail cost).
    2004 XC70 Black w graphite leather
    Touring and Sport Packages