Default Imported post

Hello

I am going to change my Cross Country 98 for a new one in the coming spring or at summer time.  I have several questions in mind.  

1) according to the volvo's web site, homelink is... well, homelink.  Feel free to provide a better answer if you know what it is.

2) In a previous post, some of you were talking about a Cold Weather Package.  I didn't find this option within the volvo's car builder options.  

3) In the biginning of october, we usually get the november edition of any given magazine.  The same applies for cars, from that point do you know when Volvo usually show up the new models for 2004?  

thank you

Thomas
    Volvo XC70 2004, Nautic Blue metallic, Sport PKG (DSTC, Xenia, Bi-Xenon, ZF Servotronic) VNS, rear Skid Plate, Thule evolution

Default Imported post

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1) according to the volvo&#39;s web site, homelink is... well, homelink. Feel free to provide a better answer if you know what it is.
    [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Taken from Volvo&#39;s web site

&quot;Homelink is an advanced system that can be programmed to learn the codes of three different remote-controlled devices (e.g., garage door openers, remote lighting, entry door lock). Homelink&#39;s sun-visor-mounted transceiver, powered by your car&#39;s electrical system, may then be used in place of your handheld remote controls&quot;

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">2) In a previous post, some of you were talking about a Cold Weather Package. I didn&#39;t find this option within the volvo&#39;s car builder options.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Cold weather package has traditionally been features such as heated seats, headlight washing wipers, heated outside rear view mirrors. These items are now standard (at least in USA they are) and so there&#39;s no &quot;cold weather package&quot; any more.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">3) In the biginning of october, we usually get the november edition of any given magazine. The same applies for cars, from that point do you know when Volvo usually show up the new models for 2004?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

I suspect that come June the dealerships should know a lot more about 2004 models than they do now. Some forum members have indicated they have already ordered 2004 models and the 2003 vs. 2004 shows little/minor differences. It&#39;s possible that over next few months a magazine may have access to an early 2004 production model and repoort something. You could Email several of the car mags and inquire about this.

Hope the above helps, and good luck with your 2004 purchase.
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

Default Imported post

Matter of fact, Homelink is a company name. You can visit their site at http://www.homelink.com.
    Raynald
    Former owner of a 2001 V70XC Nautic Blue
    Sept 2003 - April 2007
    « Sold » with 167,427 km on the clock, to my stepson...
    Still proudly showing volvoXC.com Sticker for posterity !!!

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

Default Imported post

Thomas,

The items in the cold weather package that Barry mentioned are also standard features here in Canada. Depending on just how cold the winter nights get in your neck of the woods, you may even want to consider installing an engine block heater.

Also taken from the Volvo website:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Block Heater
    Designed specifically for Volvo engines, the engine block heater reduces cold weather starting strain on your engine. Plugs into household current with standard extension cord.

Suggested Retail Price: &#036;26.00[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Default Imported post

Taken from my mind who failed to find by itself:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">thank you[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Volvo XC70 2004, Nautic Blue metallic, Sport PKG (DSTC, Xenia, Bi-Xenon, ZF Servotronic) VNS, rear Skid Plate, Thule evolution

Default Imported post

if you live in any type of a cold climate I would recommend the cold weather package. It was a clearly listed option in the 2002 book. In addition to the heated seats you also get the headlamp wipers.
    2002 V70XC Silver/Graphite, best vehicle I have ever owned&#33;