Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have the same issue sometimes (generally at around 45 degrees F) with our 2000 V70 XC (which we think is also an SE from the VIN), and Rabbit's technique is what I've always used. My wife doesn't have the issue as much as I do, and that may be because she uses a different key. Our local Volvo dealer had the car in for several days once (on their dime) to try to determine the problem, to no avail. It only happens occasionally, and generally only delays me for a few minutes or so.

- Doug

Default 99 c70

I have a 99 that is doing the same starts, dies and won't start again. Could the issue talked about in this thread be affecting my 99 c70?

Thanks

Default Knock on wood... no more stalls.

An update on my "stall" problem post from last March...

I ended up towing the 2004 V70 2.5T back to our indy Volvo shop last May. The new immobilizer hadn't fixed the stalling problem. When they received the vehicle (I didn't accompany it with the tow truck), it wouldn't start. Before it was to be manually pushed into the garage, one of the mechanics had an idea. He decided to "thump" several times under the steering column area where the large group of cables ran. It immediately started and then spent the next 1-12 weeks in the shop. During down times between working on other vehicles, an extensive search for loose connections that might be related to the problem was conducted. When it satisfied them that the stall couldn't be duplicated again, the V70 was returned to me without a charge!

Hope this helps someone. Our indy shop does most of the maintenance on our wagons. Knock on wood, it's been stall-free since.
    Last edited by mrslomo; 02-10-2011 at 07:10 PM.

My 2007 XC90 had this problem a few days ago, unfortunately the car was at summer camp with my son. Finally, got out there today and changed out the battery which solved the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by smumattman View Post
    My 2007 XC90 had this problem a few days ago, unfortunately the car was at summer camp with my son. Finally, got out there today and changed out the battery which solved the problem.
    My dad's volvo had the same problem before. No DTCs were detected, then he cleaned the MAF, the problem solved.

Similar problem with my 2007 S60 D5 185HP - dies immediately after it starts. Problem was gone once I replaced fuel filter and performed MAF cleaning.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12