• Worried about My Volvo dying in the desert

37 22.29%
  • I have more than 80K miles without a failure

31 18.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Nope but many have used them now and for the most part they seem to work

I answered 3) Died and replaced, Volvo's expense

I have not had to deal with this but I read vexed and checked mine, it has the yellow sticker and I did not pay for it directly so I chose the closest answer that did not involve money out of my pocket.

I know of a used one available locally but my time is precious so I would go the XeModex route. I checked them out and although I have not used one, I have already decided that is the route I would go, especially since I am past even the extended warranty.
    1999 V70XC / Nautic Blue Pearl / 16" Titanium Perfo wheels

Died and repaired all to my expense... Poor me.

Why poor you? If anything it's poor everyone!
    It happens to everyone at some point or another if you own one of these cars (99-2001) more than 3 to 5 years
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Well folks I maxed out my MasterCard and took a chance on Canadian Xemodex ETM just so I could continue to nurse my Volvo into the next adventure of catastrophe .
    Times are tough when your out of work for three years and the $600 saved from going to the dealer was a very good thing.

The kicker for me was that they provided a flash software item based on the VIN, and was plug and go.

Previously had my ABS module repaired by Vic Rocha with great results but his fix for ETM required a dealer visit so declined to go that route.

Ever the optimist and patient for good luck, have just been hired to a great job to slowly kill my credit bills.

I am so pleased with XeMODex that I have hand lettered a gold leaf copy of their logo to the back of my wagon, along with other items:

The problem with the yellow label replacement dealer item (IMHO) is that it's essentially the same as original, and will wear out sooner, if not later.

The one in the garage is my '93 940 wagon with Rex Regina ignition with the idler controlled distributor, now that's a fine fine sweet ride with over 200k and still running strong with very few problems along the way. . .

Best regards to all!

as far as the Triumph logo goes, here is my baby:
    Last edited by JBMorris; 09-25-2013 at 06:16 PM.

Tr-6?
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Quote Originally Posted by JRL View Post
    Tr-6?
    That was my plan , to make a 1978 T140 Bonneville look like a 1968, so - good guess!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567