Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sorry to hear that Art, was really looking forward to meeting up with you two again, as well as the Japanese contingent, hope everyone is doing well.

But with that said, the show must go on, and go on it will... The long term forecast is calling for cold and wet weather for all of January and though that hasn't resulted in much snow for Whistler lately, I'm sure that will change soon.

Looking forward to a great meet!
    01 V70XC/Silver/Graphite/Touring & Versatility Packs/No Mods
    Servoweb Technologies developers of web stuff...
    Paddle Surf Canada
    CanSkier.com Skier Community

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by coastal
    the show must go on, and go on it will... The long term forecast is calling for cold and wet weather for all of January
    And to show how perverse life can be : I'm now sheduled for an installation in CALGARY the week of Feb 07-11
    I'm trying to make sure that it's at the start of the week, rather than the end, but my Clinical Mgr. is going to be in (you guessed it) CALGARY on the weekend so will be looking for a couple of days @ home before turning around and going back.

Sorry to see that our Alberta contingent is going to be reduced in number. John will have to stand in for the "Easterners".
    See you at the summer meet Art !

Cold and dry is typical for January @ Whistler (at least in my 40 years off and on skiing there) and our best snows are normally mid-Feb to mid-March.
    Right now there is still a BARE spot in my driveway from where I parked the XC during our last snowfall - Christmas day. And while Vancouver suffers with snow and winter conditions we have been bone-dry.
    Blackcomb is having to MAKE SNOW for the World Snowboard Championships, but that's OK -madmade sculps better.
    Commander Bob
    V70XC 2002 /Nautic /Graphite/All the Canuck Standard Pkg. stuff +Premium Pkg. +Rear Skid +Rear Spoiler +F/R mudguards +Gibbons-approved Nokian WR boots +attitude

Default Numbers

How many folks are still planning on going to Whistler?
    02 XC Black/Taupe Premium Package, Nokian WR G2 235/60-16
    2006 Yamaha FZ6 - fulfills desire for manual shifting

Quote Originally Posted by cbob
    Right now there is still a BARE spot in my driveway from where I parked the XC during our last snowfall - Christmas day. And while Vancouver suffers with snow and winter conditions we have been bone-dry.
    Blackcomb is having to MAKE SNOW for the World Snowboard Championships, but that's OK -madmade sculps better.
    That's too bad. The Northwest has less snow than some ski areas in Southern California!:

Whistler, BC, 49"
    Mt. Bachelor, OR, 59" (where I ski)
    Mt. Baldy, CA, 68" (outside Los Angeles)
    Alta, UT, 142"
    Mammoth, CA, 168"
    Kirkwood, CA, 264" (South Tahoe)
    '04 XC90 2.5T, ~170K miles, ash gold/graphite, 7-seater, towing, nav
    "Objects in the mirror may be just as they appear." - Steve Forbert

Quote Originally Posted by KazDog
    How many folks are still planning on going to Whistler?
    We'll definitely be there as will John and his wife. We'll see if we can talk cbob into having at least a day on the slopes, if not then for apres ski activities

Should be a great time regardless of group size.
    01 V70XC/Silver/Graphite/Touring & Versatility Packs/No Mods
    Servoweb Technologies developers of web stuff...
    Paddle Surf Canada
    CanSkier.com Skier Community

Quote Originally Posted by coastal
    We'll see if we can talk cbob into having at least a day on the slopes,
    OK OK

I just renewed my ski card online.
    Now to see if I can squeeze this corpulent body into my ski suit.

And if this cold snap would just end and we could get some freshies...

Commander Bob
    V70XC 2002 /Nautic /Graphite/All the Canuck Standard Pkg. stuff +Premium Pkg. +Rear Skid +Rear Spoiler +F/R mudguards +Gibbons-approved Nokian WR boots +attitude

Canada: Calgary Alberta - Panorama Mountain BC - Pender Island BC

Good man CBob. I trust that the ski suit will not emulate your Commander Bob call handle. We promise to treat you with every kindness and courtesy that you deserve.

John
    '04 XC70 Canadian Premium and Sport packages, Black (425,000 kms)
    '06 XC70 Ocean Race Model, IPD to 240 hp, 18" rims, Deep Blue
    Other rigs: '06 Toyota Avalon, '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee, '23 BMW330e (Plug-In-Hybrid)

Quote Originally Posted by John@CdnRockies
    We promise to treat you with every kindness and courtesy that you deserve.
    OH OH.

I'm in trouble.

I'm always trying to get out of getting what I deserve.

Snowing today.

Warmed up from -14 to -7 yesterday and it's +3 and raining in Vancouver, so I'm expecting snow changing to rain for the drive to work tomorrow.
    But I have an XC, so what the hey.
    Commander Bob

Canada: Calgary Alberta - Panorama Mountain BC - Pender Island BC

Default Trail Map for Whistler

Could any of you locals, send me a trail map for Whistler/Blackcomb? I checked their web site and printed some maps but they are illegible. I need the map to ensure I meet up with you guys for lunch! Our home address is:

John & Faye Ackermans
    899 Shawnee Drive S.W.
    Calgary, Alberta
    T2Y 1X4

Thanks. Guess I will owe you a beer for this.

John
    '04 XC70 Canadian Premium and Sport packages, Black (425,000 kms)
    '06 XC70 Ocean Race Model, IPD to 240 hp, 18" rims, Deep Blue
    Other rigs: '06 Toyota Avalon, '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee, '23 BMW330e (Plug-In-Hybrid)

Unless there is a radical weather change in the next week, you won't need a trail map John, just shorts and an umbrella.

Home today to +7 temps, rain to the top of the mountain, and all the snow gone from my drive. Some stupid plant is trying to sprout in the flower bed.
    The Groundhog for this part of the world has decided not to bother next Wed, and has gone to hit the beach in Cuba. At least I'm getting him to mule back a few cigars for me.

Ran into an old acquaintance and long-time Whistler resident who has been skiing here since the early 60's, and he tells me that there is nothing worth skiing up on the hill. He's not bothering.

I'm thankfull that the XC is great at handling deep puddles at speed.

If you have something to sacrifice to the snow gods; now's the time.
    Commander Bob

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast