Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation 2001 V70XC Service Manual / Repair Manual

I've scoured the internet for hours lastnight trying to locate a service manual for the car I bought last week with no luck. Does anyone know where I can find a manual that I can use to do repairs, and assemble the car parts back together again, as well as doing the preventative maintenance myself??

The stealer said that they don't make manuals available to the public. I hate to think that my only choice is to take it to a repair shop when I fix almost everything on my other cars!!!!

James

Lightbulb Wait a minute

James, Haynes do a manual, it is not headed XC70 but called some other model, but it does cover the XC70, maybe the V70 would have it, if you check on the internet or your local mag store you might find it, but you have to read the bits on the back about what it does/does not cover.

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

Welcome Texascanuk,

Unfortunately, neither Bentley, Chilton, nor Haynes offer any service manuals for the 2nd gen V70/XC and acquiring a VADIS subscription from VCNA is prohibitively expensive. There are a number of internet sites and private vendors that sell VADIS cds but I personally can’t vouch for their validity or authenticity. Forum member Willy had made some inquiries about these discs so he might be just the man to ask.

<<There are a number of internet sites and private vendors that sell VADIS cds >>

There's usually one or two on eBay, promising the needed ID and password... but be careful.
    2000 V70 XC SE - Nautic Blue/Beige - Nokians and a bunch of other goodies. VCOA & volvoxc.com stickers.

There's currently an auction for a VADIS 2004C DVD *copy* from a guy who seems to know what's going on. He said he uses the original himself and provides the install instructions and username and password. That seems kinda sleezy to me to copy a disc and sell it like that.
    '04 XC70, Ice White, Taupe. Original owner (196K miles as of may21). 6 wheel bearings, broken ignition switch, broken turbo downtube flange, failed throttle body, many warped rotors, and a myriad of weird crap. Still my favorite car ever.

Quote Originally Posted by gibbons
    There's currently an auction for a VADIS 2004C DVD *copy* from a guy who seems to know what's going on. He said he uses the original himself and provides the install instructions and username and password. That seems kinda sleezy to me to copy a disc and sell it like that.
    It's also illegal,
    BUT my understanding of iVadis is that it is an interactive service - via a subscription - and you can only download what you want at a time.

I have been told that there is no CD available in the UK. I note that Land Rover who used to have an excellent CD system have now moved to an online only system, probably because the CD was easy to pirate.

Personally, I don't understand why documentation is not freely (or easily) available for a reasonable charge to owners.

Over here the subscription is a whopping GBP 2,000 per year, so you guys stateside have it easy at a cost of some USD 300. Even so it's a bit steep for an individual owner.

It has always been Volvo's policy to make it as difficult as possible for owners to get service manuals. In the days of a paper product it was technically possible to order copies but dealer who I approached said they could not order any / it came in multiple sections / could not show me a copy, etc etc.
    Mike.

Mine: XC 70 Sport 2009 D5 Inscription Electric Blue.
    VNS, DSTC and 4C, BLIS, LDW ventilated leather ACC; Yummy.

All gone now - XC70 MY 13 SE LUX Flamenco red - goes better than the '09 even with its "Polestar plus" upgrade. I justy miss the PCC...

Hers: V60 Flamenco Red 215HP D5 (like above XC70 spec)

Take a look at www.autocd.com, in the light vehicle section, they have the Vadis DVD. They have the reputation for being reliable.
    Willy
    144 GL (1974)--->244 GL (1982)--->940 GLE 2.3i (1992)--->XC70 2.5T (2004)--->XC90 T5 (2018)

Those VADIS DVDs that Willy pointed to are the type I have seen on eBay. Here are the catches (search "volvo vadis")... the one guy is selling illegal copies of his own DVD and supplying his username, password, and documentation. Another person is selling the just the DVD, with nothing else, which would be useless. The person (click "search completed items") does put in a caveat that she got the discs at a flea market (?), knows nothing about them, and the buyer should know what they are getting into. I wonder if the ones the autocd.com joint sells has the docs?

I always bought the shop manuals for my Accords and trucks. They were about $100 for a phone book sized book that was specific to the model and year. They made good bed time reading and I used them extensively to do my own work like changing timing belts and setting valve lash. However, the Volvo situation is much different for getting info. After a year, I still don't know what the transmission ratios are. To me, that is personally shameful and embarrassing
    '04 XC70, Ice White, Taupe. Original owner (196K miles as of may21). 6 wheel bearings, broken ignition switch, broken turbo downtube flange, failed throttle body, many warped rotors, and a myriad of weird crap. Still my favorite car ever.

has anyone tried the "autocd" source for manuals that come on DVD?? I looked at it a bit, but it is hard to tell if it covers volvo's very well.

Default Manuals

Check out www.volvotechinfo.com. Look under service/parts literature, select v70 or xc70. The going price for a 2001 is ~$930.00 US. I have not investigated the requirements for a 3day subscription ($31.50 US)
    '01 Ash Gold/Brown

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast