Default Can anyone explain disabling the 'neutral code' on an 01 xc?

volvo guy told me to immediately disable the 'neutral engage' cade? im not sure what the exact name of it was but he said that when the car comes to a stop the transmission automatically engages neutral and then back into gear again when throttle is depressed. does nayone know anything about this or if its advisable? thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by outcast View Post
    volvo guy told me to immediately disable the 'neutral engage' cade? im not sure what the exact name of it was but he said that when the car comes to a stop the transmission automatically engages neutral and then back into gear again when throttle is depressed. does nayone know anything about this or if its advisable? thanks!
    The original 2001 transmission software made the trans shift into neutral when stopped with the brake pedal on. As soon as the brake pedal was released the transmission would shift back into drive. It's possible your TCU still has the old software, but i doubt it - the "neutral check" feature was removed from the software many years ago, possibly because the clunk when the car shifted back to drive was too rough when the cars got older.

To remove neutral check requires a software download using a real VIDA subscription (at the dealer or an independent with a subscription) to reload the latest software into the TCU.

I was wondering the same thing about neutral and stop software this 01 model has.do u feel like it's disengaging when coming to a traffic light stop. After years owning this car I now suddenly feel this feature in my car,but only after 30 min driving probably after atf rises to operation temperature.(summer time)?

Quote Originally Posted by dejanaleksov View Post
    do u feel like it's disengaging when coming to a traffic light stop.
    It would normally only be felt when releasing the brake pedal. The engine has to be at idle speed and the car stopped (0MPH) for the transmission to shift into neutral. If you are feeling something when the car is still moving and above idle speed it's not the trans going into neutral. Common jerky feeling would be a delayed or rough downshift (2-1).