Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Jerky running on 2013 D4 163hp

When acceleration up to required speed and when releasing the throttle the engine jerks, this also happen sometimes when slowing down as well.. I'm thinking that something may be wrong with the turbo-boost sensor.. The volvo tech is clueless.. What do you guys think?

One experiment you could try is to compare acceleration manually using the gas pedal vs. automated acceleration using cruise control (specifically, the "resume" feature). If the jerk plagues both conditions, you can rule out a problem with the accel. pedal sensor.

Do you have an OBD-II scanner device? You could watch live traces of several variables in the ECM while driving. You can graph the throttle position in realtime.

You could also try to rule out the problem being with the shaft speed sensors in the transmission....how does the car drive using Geartronic all manual shifting? Does the jerk happen in reverse?

I have'nt tried in reverse. I have tried OBDII device and tracing, monitoring haldex and everything but looking at the graph there is nothing strange.. Im thinking EGR-valve or boost sensor. What do you think?
    Last edited by mr-bear; 06-22-2019 at 02:30 PM.