View Poll Results: Which audio input would you like to add to your Volvo?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • AUX for iPod, other MP3 players

117 84.17%
  • 3rd party CD Changer

16 11.51%
  • Sat. radio

47 33.81%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BlitzSafe converter for newer Volvo

Thumbs up BlitzSafe AUX input for newer Volvo

I posted a request on BlitzSafe's forum (http://www.blitzsafe.com/blitz_forum...PagePosition=1), requesting AUX support for the newer Volvo. I got back a reply from their support team that they would like to see how many people are requesting the support. I am creating a poll now. I will also include CD Changer and Sat Radio. If you are interested in such support, please vote. You can choose more than one option.
    Last edited by Litster; 08-10-2004 at 09:39 PM. Reason: To let voters know they can choose more than one option.

Looks like most people are looking for AUX input for their MP3 players. Please vote if you haven't. Thanks!

Thank you all for submitting your vote. If you know of other Volvo owners who are looking for an AUX, Sat. radio, or 3rd party CD changer connection to their Volvo cars, please ask them to come to vote. Are there any other Volvo forums/bulletin boards that we can forward this to? Thanks.

I've also been checking on this for a while. I'm taking delivery of a 05 XC90 in October, and wanted to integrate a DVD player for the kids as well as satellite radio. I checked with a few high end installers here and no one makes any sort of system integration device for the MOST system. They even called one manufacturer that makes gear for the Mercedes-Benz COMMAND system, which is a fiber optic system like the on in the XC90. They had nothing on it yet. There is one company that makes an adapter that allows you to add a video input to the factory navigation system. This input could be anything from a DVD player to a back-up camera. However, the major flaw is that to get any sound with it, you must still use an RF adapter. This company also said that they had absolutely zero for the MOST system. Apparently Volvo decided to use a very advanced, very powerful network, but also an extremely proprietary one. Both companies that were contacted knew of the system and its capabilities, but had not even started to work on it.

For now, I'm going to have the rear seat entertainment system installed. I'm putting a monitor in each headrest, as well as a DVD player/Xbox. The system will be independent of the factory system, and will rely on headphones, but will include an RF adapter for suboptimal sound through the cars system. However, all the equipment I'm installing (or rather having installed) will have all the necessary inputs/outputs that would make it future compatible with any adapters that would interface with Volvo's MOST network. For now it's the best that can be done.
    2005 XC90 T6 - Magic Blue - Graphite

Quote Originally Posted by DocVijay
    For now, I'm going to have the rear seat entertainment system installed. I'm putting a monitor in each headrest, as well as a DVD player/Xbox. The system will be independent of the factory system, and will rely on headphones, but will include an RF adapter for suboptimal sound through the cars system. However, all the equipment I'm installing (or rather having installed) will have all the necessary inputs/outputs that would make it future compatible with any adapters that would interface with Volvo's MOST network. For now it's the best that can be done.
    I don't know if I would want to put the xbox noise through the main system. Could get a bit (more likely VERY) annoying on long trips.

Quote Originally Posted by pting
    I don't know if I would want to put the xbox noise through the main system. Could get a bit (more likely VERY) annoying on long trips.
    That's why it keeps the headphones, even after it's integrated!
    2005 XC90 T6 - Magic Blue - Graphite

Thumbs down Not my cup of tea

I gave you my vote for Sat Radio, not because I wanted too but because I wanted to help 'the cause'.

I have no interest in any of your options as I cannot see myself using any of them (as listed) but had you tried something else I may have been more inclined to give you a whole hearted answer. As for what other choice I would have gone for, I don't know.

I want DVD for the kids but the cost of installation and the time I have left on this car does not warrant it. 3 or 4 CD's is enough in the car for me and I don't or can't carry around an iPod either.

I would opt for a more friendlier phone adapter as an aftermarket option, but I did not do too badly installing my own version.

Driving in the UK takes all you have to get you from A-2-B without hitting someone else or being hit. Having the radio on with TP set is a must and having a handsfree phone is also now legal (as well as avoiding speed cameras). I don't think I could have another gadget to fumble with as it would use up valuable space and I feel, would annoy me more than pleasure me after all when we took our driving tests we never even had the radio on because we had to concentrate on driving safely.

I think all your options are only for background entertainment and therefore not an intergral part of selling a car, the things you refer to are something similar to boys toys and as such I could live without them.

Sorry to dampen your quest but I hope you get some result for your effort from Volvo.

Quote Originally Posted by AWD*V70XC
    ... I don't think I could have another gadget to fumble with as it would use up valuable space and I feel, would annoy me more than pleasure me after all when we took our driving tests we never even had the radio on because we had to concentrate on driving safely.
    I have to admit I had thoughts like this some time ago. In fact I would go out of my way to buy a car without a radio altogether, and many friends thought I was crazy. However, with the advent of super dooper high tech radios and CD players the quality of music one can play in the car today is absolutely awesome. I can't imagine owning a car without this kind of technology anymore.

Driving to work or on a driving trip, the music player is my friend and companion.

I have an iPod and with its iTrip FM modulator it's a seemless operation without wires to turn it on and have ALL my music at hand.
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

I look forward to the day when you can get car with just sat radio and a dock for your ipod. Cd changers are going to be history within a few years

How about a couple of Gig's with RAM in the car and a wireless connection to your home network. Then sync your car to your favorite music when you park your car
    2004 XC70 D5 Mistral Green Metalic delivered on 24th february -04,
    and volvoXC.com sticker is in its place....
    XC70Viking's album

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast