Default Electronic interference noise from center console

I'm having issues with my 2008 Volvo XC70 3.2 AWD. I hear this strange noise when the engine is running. I hear it almost all the time, but it varies in intensity. Sometimes it is quite intense when accelerating, at other times it disappears completely. At first i thought it was some kind of interference from the audio system, however the noise seems to be coming from the center console. Unfortunately I cannot further locate it. I took a small audio recording of the noise since it's hard to describe. I would be extremely thankful if someone could hint me in the right direction since I'm quite clueless.

(When trying to record the noise I had the engine running in neutral and was tinkering with the AC, when I turned the AC off, suddenly the noise disappeared, so I'm guessing it must be something with the electronics)

Here's the audio clip I recorded on the passenger side below the glove box:
    https://vocaroo.com/i/s0IY00f2QpwZ

Thank you very much in advance!

So, the weird noise only happens when the AC is ON?? If so, that's your major clue.

Quoting from the following website:
    "Hissing Noise- One of the more common weird sounds that drivers may here coming from the air conditioner is not a bad sign at all actually. ... An air conditioner compressor beginning to fail, a compressor pulley or serpentine belt that is beginning to wear out or the compressor clutch can cause a rattling noise"

https://www.foreignaffairsauto.com/b...eird-ac-noises

Keep in mind that the refrigerant can transmit sound from the compressor to the evaporator core....the latter is located behind the center console. That could explain where you're hearing the sound. There are no moving parts in the evaporator, so the sound is likely being "piped" from the compressor thru the refrigerant.