Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oil Leak After PCV service

Quote Originally Posted by FirstVolvo View Post
    From what I've read 31325709 is the latest banjo bolt design and this is what I installed. As AKAMick mentioned there's been different types, some not so good. My original banjo does not have the small internal hole as shown in the photos you've provided.
    I assumed your photos were of your bolt, but I guess they're generic from the internet. The new banjo bolt with check valve looks like this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V70_163.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	8939

Quote Originally Posted by sjonnie View Post
    I assumed your photos were of your bolt, but I guess they're generic from the internet. The new banjo bolt with check valve looks like this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V70_163.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	8939
    The photos were of the original banjo bolt I removed. In an earlier post I provided a link to the bolt I used as a replacement, which is the one with a check valve and identical to the photo you provided, thanks. With the new banjo bolt and same ID hard tubing now installed I'm done with the PCV maintenance. Everything was clear after 192K miles but it was still good to check and to replace the PCV related parts including updating the banjo bolt. Still not quite sure why the intake cam seal starting leaking after the oil sump reseal and PCV work but this seal is also now replaced and no longer leaking so I'll continue to monitor.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123