Default Front end vibration 08 xc70 P3

Looking for a member with possible
    Same past issue
    A heavy to slight vibration at 56 through 75mph so I turned front and rear rotors and installed myself
    New struts bearings amd mounts and rear shocks 45k miles ago
    All new engine mountings installed myself
    New front drive axles from volvo installed my self
    Vibration felt in floor board and gas pedal barely in steering wheel theres a noticeable high frequency vibration..possible engine cradle bushings ? Any help. Or suggestions would be great
    Vehicle has 170k on it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean kelley View Post
    A heavy to slight vibration at 56 through 75mph
    Bent wheels, out of round tires, poorly balanced tires is where I would look first - If you think it's just in the front try rotating the tires front to rear to see if the vibration changes. Tread separation usually shows up at lower speeds.

Default Front vibrarion

Quote Originally Posted by hoonk View Post
    Bent wheels, out of round tires, poorly balanced tires is where I would look first - If you think it's just in the front try rotating the tires front to rear to see if the vibration changes. Tread separation usually shows up at lower speeds.
    New tires installed 2 days ago still heavy to moderate vibration..between 40 and 71 mph..this is driving me insane ..i dont feel like driving it anymore ..its always there .10k miles ago vehicle was smooth sailing now its a rattling mess any help apprecaited .

Any connection between engine RPM and vibration? Try different gears.
    Need to determine if engine or drivetrain. Normally high frequency would be engine. Wheels etc would be a lower frequency/high amplitude.

New tires installed 2 days ago still heavy to moderate vibration..between 40 and 71 mph..this is driving me insane ..i dont feel like driving it anymore ..its always there .10k miles ago vehicle was smooth sailing now its a rattling mess any help apprecaited .
    Was the vibration the same before you replaced all that stuff?

If you think it's in the tires/wheels try rotating the tires front to rear to see if the vibration changes. Did the highly qualified and paid tire changer make sure all your wheels were not bent?

If the vibration is worse when accelerating or slightly accelerating you may have a bad or imperfect inner cv joint - yes i read you just replaced them.

Dont waste any money/time on "engine cradle bushings", that wont fix it.

All new engine mountings installed myself
    The mount on the front of the engine will sag/break/leak the goo out and transfer the vibration of the engine to the body (noise usually when shifting from reverse to drive when cold), and the bushings in the "dog done" tear and make funny noises.

You replaced those with factory/oem parts?

Yes all parts are volvo or oem equivalent..no Chinese parts whatsoever..well after I learned my lesson with non oem axles
    Axles where replaced first due to heavy clicking and lots of play in outter cv on both sides then I found torn anti torque mounts replaced those and while i was at it... i replaced main mounts also both driver and passenger..along with torque mounts..vibration occurs still even affter a road force balance on the new tires ..now there's in intermittent shake when braking nothing felt in steering or brake pedal as with uneven rotor wear..still at my whits end to this problem..hate to take it to a dealer.
    And a wha wha wha noise no growl.. while driving at hwy speeds ..hub bearing possibly ? Any help appreciated.

Default Unusual vibration issue solved

Yes all parts are volvo or oem equivalent..no Chinese parts whatsoever..well after I learned my lesson with non oem axles
    Axles where replaced first due to heavy clicking and lots of play in outter cv on both sides then I found torn anti torque mounts replaced those and while i was at it... i replaced main mounts also both driver and passenger..along with torque mounts..vibration occurs still even affter a road force balance on the new tires ..now there's in intermittent shake when braking nothing felt in steering or brake pedal as with uneven rotor wear..still at my whits end to this problem..hate to take it to a dealer.
    And a wha wha wha noise no growl.. while driving at hwy speeds ..hub bearing possibly ? Any help appreciated.

Hey, your issue sounds very similar to what I was experiencing (especially the weird noise, it almost felt like a sound "pressure" change to me). I initially assumed some sort of wheel balance issue, so had them balanced, then swapped out all 4 with no change. Turns out the driveshaft was missing bolts. Apparently what can happen is that if the vehicle has to be towed, and they don't have a tow cart, the tow driver may disconnect the drive shaft. This doesn't 100% make sense to me, but there you have it. Anyway, if they don't replace the bolts, or don't do it properly, you'll wind up with vibration. Mine started right around 55 mp/h up to about 70. I didn't take it any higher than that as it didn't feel great.

Hope that helps.