Thread: 1984 dl wagon

Default Imported post

This is the reason we just got our XC. The better half just didn't want to get to this point of parting with her car. We baught it from her sister in L.A. in 1990 and brought it to Alaska where we have put 65,000 miles on it in the last 13 years. The only reason we got our XC and are looking to sell this one is our driveway is too steep and the DL won't make it up when there is snow on it. (XC walked right up through 8 inches of new snow ) High blue book is $2,750

Has new tires, CD player, a.c. needs recharged, 4spd w/OD, good interior... just curious how much interest... I know Alaska is a little out of the way...
    00 V70XC AWD moondust 199K
    08 F250 4X4 gold suprcab 70K
    VCOA

Default Imported post

Pictures!  If I could figure out how to attach more than one!
    VCOA

Default Imported post

Actually the pictures are too big to post more than one at a time!  So here is #2!
    VCOA

Default Imported post

Our new baby!
    VCOA

Default Imported post

Can't seem to find any takers   Don't know how low to go.)  High blue book is $2,750 but this thing runs like a dream.  Potential buyers call up and when I say $2,500 they says thanks and bye.    
    And it keeps costing me money...  some cretin just went in through the back hatch, opened the hood and stole the ignition system control unit     A new one is $521 from Volvo; lucky I found one on IPD's Web site for $60  Spent a couple hours dismantling, lubing and reassembling the hatch lock, (works good now )
    Anyway, how low do you think I should go?  What are they going for in your area?
    VCOA

Default Imported post

Sorry to hear you're having problems selling methos, I'd have thought you'd be able to ask at least that and more. A wagon like that here in BC would probabaly go in the $4,500 range, but I think the market for used Volvo wagons is stronger here than most areas, for some unknown reason.

New car looks great btw... congrats!

Taylor.
    01 V70XC/Silver/Graphite/Touring & Versatility Packs/No Mods
    Servoweb Technologies developers of web stuff...
    Paddle Surf Canada
    CanSkier.com Skier Community

Default Imported post

Thanks for the reply Coastal!  We'll just have to wait for the right buyer...  problem is I keep getting tempted to fix stuff, do upgrades...  IPD has this cool pully mod that bypasses the ac pump and, I'm dyin to try rebuilding the front suspension...
    But...  I'll probably wait till the wagon sells and get with the program on the sedan, even though I don't like that car as much as the wagon (sentamental) its in a little better shape body wise...  Oh well...  something will come along
    VCOA

Default Imported post

FYI, I just found out www.kbb.com lists our 84 DL wagon at $975 www.nada.com lists it at $2,600 (down $175 in six months) for a perfict one and about $1,200 matches the condition discription for my car If I had a niece or nephew close, I'd give it away. My plan is to trade it to my Volvo mechanic for some labor on our sedan... His car is falling apart... Anyway, enough whining I'll keep you posted!
    VCOA

Default Imported post

I sold the car today.     $1,200   The guy really got a deal and we will console ourselves with the fact we get to drive the XC (Queen car)    Just too bad I couldn't get a decent price.  We really loved that car.  I will drive Volvo's forever because of it.
    VCOA

Default Imported post

I'd have bought it if it wasn't 3000+ miles away! Just too darn far.... oh well....
    Jason,

Riding with the Big Dog.