Default What changed in front suspension in 2007?

Looking at control arms, ball joints, etc. for my '07. Vendors show one number "fits up to 2007 XC70 chassis number 269745". My chassis # is beyond that - near the end of P2 production.

Any idea what changed to make it not compatible with the rest of the production run? Hard to find parts to fit!

edit: it appears that late control arms are supposed to be steel, and the early ones aluminum.

Perhaps contact FCP euro, I have found them to be very helpful with part number research.
    PDX-Vancouver, USA

2005 XC70 140,000

MacNoob:

I believe you've answered your own question. From what I understand, the change from aluminum to steel A-arms was the change with everything else being basically the same.

Cheers,

Bill
    Western Head, NS CDN

'08 BMW 750i (Black Sapphire)-204K kms to-date
    '05 XC70 (Lava Sand)-296K kms to-date
    '02 V70XC-gone @393K kms
    '05 V70R (Magic Blue)-120K mi to-date - gone
    '96 854R (Red)-real CDN-spec 5-speed R - gone @270k kms
    And other Volvos and misc. Euro stuff

It's confusing because some parts are listed as "up to chassis #" and others are not - and not all vendors list them that way. Just wondering what interchangeability there is. Kinda looks like the ball joint is the sticky point - maybe a different one depending one whether you have steel or aluminum.
    It's -30 outside so I'm not highly motivated to go outside and see if my control arms are magnetic or not.