Thread: Rear Fog Lamp

Default Rear Fog Lamp

How do you change the rear fog lamp bulb?

It's in the lower tail-light cluster on the drivers side. Remove the cargo-area side panel. Reach back to the tail-light cluster assy. Figure out which bulb is inop, then twist its bulb-holder CCW and remove it. I think the fog light is 2nd from the bottom. See pix in your Owners Manual if any question.

Quote Originally Posted by pbierre View Post
    then twist its bulb-holder CCW and remove it.
    I never put the bulb holder down after removal - (twist bulb holder out, replace bulb without letting go of the bulb holder, reinstall) If you do put the bulb holder down (while you open the new bulb package or drive to the store to buy a bulb, etc.) - it can be very difficult and frustrating to figure out how to put the holder back in. (it's a very small area you are working in with no good visual clues as to how it fits back in)

Quote Originally Posted by hoonk View Post
    I never put the bulb holder down after removal - (twist bulb holder out, replace bulb without letting go of the bulb holder, reinstall) If you do put the bulb holder down (while you open the new bulb package or drive to the store to buy a bulb, etc.) - it can be very difficult and frustrating to figure out how to put the holder back in. (it's a very small area you are working in with no good visual clues as to how it fits back in)
    Also, when you have difficulty, it's not possible to see inside the light housing without a mirror or camera. May help to take a photo with your phone before removing the bulb holder, just in case you need a visual reference as to how it is supposed go back in.
    '04 XC70, Ash Gold / Taupe, Premium, Touring, Tinted Rear Glass, Rear Skyddsplåt, Wing Profile Load Bars, USA Spec 11,
    StonGard Light Protection, Yokohama YK740 GTXs, Meyle HD Sway Bar Links, ipd HD TCV, subframe & top brace poly bushing inserts,
    TitaniumTim XC Cup-holder Coasters.

Default Rear Fog Lamp

Quote Originally Posted by Pennhaven View Post
    Also, when you have difficulty, it's not possible to see inside the light housing without a mirror or camera. May help to take a photo with your phone before removing the bulb holder, just in case you need a visual reference as to how it is supposed go back in.
    Thanks for your replies. Mine is an '06 XC70, the owner's manual says remove a panel on the C pillar. Pull the RED pin and push a lever to remove the speaker. I got as far as pulling the RED pin, couldn't figure out lever to remove speaker. Didn't try method you suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepman6 View Post
    I got as far as pulling the RED pin, couldn't figure out lever to remove speaker.
    Put your finger through the hole above the red pin and push the plastic tab down (from behind the metal panel) to release the top of the speaker