Default Dead Transmission? 2001 XC70

So, I've posted previously about the transmission fluid I put in my Volvo. http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/showth...Full-SyntheticI've since tried draining out excess fluid, removing about a quart and a half, and putting back in a quart minus ~300ml.

Having done so, the vehicle still won't go into reverse, and will only go forward slightly with great effort. Looking at the dip stick, I believe I'm seeing fluid at the middle of the cold marks, consistent with an idling engine after 30-45 min while I was slowly adding fluid. But it really is difficult to get an accurate read with all the contortions to remove the dip stick.

Does this behavior sound like a transmission that's now short on fluid and I need to add more, or does this sound like a transmission that's just done?

Thanks for all the input!

I would suspect the shift solenoids might have a problem, connections or failure. your PO740 indicates a torque converter clutch circuit malfunction, a faulty shift solenoid or wiring connection. the SLU linear solenoid if not working could cause your loss of drive symptoms. check main wiring harness connections to the transmission first.
    Last edited by AKAMick; 12-12-2018 at 10:20 AM.