Default LED Headlight Replacement Bulbs

Hi,
    I am trying to buy some LED replacement bulbs for my 04 XC70 but no local supplier has them so I'll have to go online. Has anyone done this and can you recommend a brand/site etc etc?

I want better lights that don't die after a few months. The bulbs are HB3 and H7. Did your bulbs need the harness? Thanks.

Best regards,
    Jon

For increased headlamp performance -

https://store.candlepower.com/osraulhiouh7.html

used to sell a 65watt h7 ralleye bulb, seems to be no longer available. They do offer an alternative. Properly aimed and paired with the high beam upgrade - you will be happy with your headlamps. (and other drivers will not be annoyed and flash at you)

I think you will find aftermarket LED or HID bulbs won't work properly (give better light and NOT BLIND other drivers)

But they might look cool! And you might be able to buy green or blue or pink or even white ones -

You might want to repost in the correct forum - if you have a 01-07

I think this can give it a try.
    LED engineer

I have been looking into this as well. I run Auxbeam LED bulbs in my Tacoma and they are hugely effective. My concern with the XC70 is the amount of room in the headlight housing. High end bulbs have cooling fans and I'm not sure they'd fit inside the sealed cover. Plus I believe you'd also have to have a module in there to correct the Canbus signal.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverLost0121 View Post
    I have been looking into this as well. I run Auxbeam LED bulbs in my Tacoma and they are hugely effective. My concern with the XC70 is the amount of room in the headlight housing. High end bulbs have cooling fans and I'm not sure they'd fit inside the sealed cover. Plus I believe you'd also have to have a module in there to correct the Canbus signal.
    What does CANbus have to do with headlight bulbs?....they are analog 12V devices. Are you referring to the current balance sensing that detects a burned out incandescent bulb?

Yes. Would it not be safe to assume that an LED bulb, drawing less current, would set off an error?