Default 2011 xc70 rear view mirror T6

Love the car but I've had some problems with the finish or plating on the interior rear view mirror in my XC70.

The mirror looks like it is giving out from the inside. The silver reflective coating seems to be disintegrating or de-chroming from the inside. This lessens its ability to reflect images.

I know this is a very high end mirror and was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebluebug View Post
    The mirror looks like it is giving out from the inside.
    If you have the self dimming inside mirror they go bad - google self dimming mirror repair for examples of what it looks like

We've had a 2011 XC70 since new. Replaced 3 inside rearview mirrors under warranty within the first few years, for the exact problem you describe. The last replacement was a different design, having a thicker black plastic bezel. No issues with it in the 5 years since. It's possible if you order a replacement now, it will be this newer design.

How much do replacements go for? my XC has the same issue. My Volvo shop says due to the programming run through the mirror, it can be an expensive replacement. He advised me to pick up a good used on on ebay or CL and swap the glass myself.