Default Slow right turn clunk

Hello everyone, I just finished replacing both control arms, outer tie tods, ball joints and bearings (bearings were last week) on my 05 xc70 last night. I was hoping doing so would eliminate a clunk I get turning at low speed (into a driveway or parking spot for example) but the sound persists. My father suggested it might be the strut bearing. Is there any way to test such a thing besides replacing the strut assembly?

For backstory, I just bought this car about a month ago with ~107K miles on it so the replacements I’ve done weren’t exclusively to alleviate this noise but to replace what appeared to be all original parts and I want to get this thing in good shape for a road trip front CT to SC in December.

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by NTXC View Post
    a clunk I get turning at low speed (into a driveway or parking spot for example)
    My father suggested it might be the strut bearing. Is there any way to test such a thing
    Strut cushions/spring seats (8646713) commonly go bad and make all sorts of noises. Easy to test - put a wrench on the nut on top of the (front) struts. If you can turn the wrench the strut cushion/spring seat is torn and will make noise now or some time in the near future.

You have to compress the spring to replace them.

Truly appreciate the suggestion, I’ll give that a look in the next day or two!

I have a trip coming up shortly, would this be a high priority fix before I go or is this just an annoyance I can address in January or so?

This is a longshot and you probly checked it when you did your suspension work. I had a broken coil spring that would make a loud clunk when doing a slow 90 degree turn.
    2007 XC70, 206,000 miles
    2002 V70XC, 130,000 miles, parts car

Quote Originally Posted by NTXC View Post
    is this just an annoyance I can address in January or so?
    Yes, just noisy if torn

Thanks so much, money’s getting tight and I needed to know if this is a “must replace” before my trip.