Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I used the Behr fan motor, so far about 2.5-3 years with fine results. Mine started to make bearing noise, I did the resistor at the same time to avoid doing the job twice.

OK, I'm going to order a replacement blower. On the XC70, do you have to break off one of the blower housing tabs to remove it without removing the dash? I see this mentioned in discussions of replacing the blower in an XC90

Quote Originally Posted by Silvestris66 View Post
    On the XC70, do you have to break off one of the blower housing tabs to remove it without removing the dash? I see this mentioned in discussions of replacing the blower in an XC90
    No - all of the bolts are accessible and could take less than 10 minutes to remove the fan (from personal experience many times) - only on the xc90 does the wheel well interfere with removal and to do it correctly you must loosen the the heater/ac box to be able to get to all of the bolts. (which means removal of the dashboard on an xc90)

I replaced the motor yesterday, not as hard as I thought. Since the problem was intermittent, we'll see if it's permanent.

For anyone else doing this, prepare for some deteriorated foam to fall down when you remove the panels. Have a vacuum cleaner handy so that it doesn't make a mess. In my case, one of the plastic grips broke off the socket joint of the glove box strut when I removed it, so I'm going to have to order another one of those, too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12