Default Parking Assistance sensor 4 Faulty signal

On 2007 XC70 ,Using VIDA, I get 2 errors:
    REM-4F45 Parking Assistance sensor 4 Faulty signal
    REM-4F4A Parking Assistance Module (PAM) Faulty
    I know REM is Rear Electronic Module but do not know
    What side is sensor 4 and if it could be accessed without
    removing rear bumper.
    Is there a chart showing the sensors location and number"?

4 should be the right hand side sensor. I just replaced 3 and it was the second from the right.

I could not find any diagram numbering the sensors. I figured the one closest to the REM should be #1 and the furthest #4.

You *do* need to remove the rear bumper (not too hard) and separate the inner and outer parts of the bumper (@#$&^#&$!!!)

Thank you, now all I need is one no snow/rain day over 45F to replace#4, around here it could be in April 2019!

Quote Originally Posted by MacNoob View Post

and separate the inner and outer parts of the bumper (@#$&^#&$!!!)
    Most annoying part of any job I've tried on these cars.. took 30+ minutes of prying that one clip that decided to be stubborn. Dunno how many clips i busted out in the process.

Just be careful with the clips in the wheel well. These make everything look okay again after mangling the innards of the bumper.

I also had trouble unclipping the actual sensor from the bumper, and the cheap replacement didn't fit in correctly so it looks like I'll be revisiting this job in the near future....

Ha ha I ended up breaking one wheel well clip, and drilled a hole and threaded a zip tie to hold it. It's behind the fender so you can't see it.
    Genuine Volvo sensors can be had $58 US online. iRollParts is a division of a Volvo dealer that sells on Amazon.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FEXY2CA
    Last edited by MacNoob; 11-11-2018 at 09:43 PM.

Just curious, how do you guys use your backup sensors? Obviously you want to have the system on when you're backing out of the driveway. God forbid there's some little kiddie going by on his trike.
    But when I'm parallel parking, I disengage it by pressing the button. Who wants to hear all those beeps going off? I'm looking over my shoulder out the back window to visually see how close I am to the other car's bumper. Are people instead listening to the beeps as a way to determine how close they are?
    I guess what I'm saying is it's a nice safety feature to have but I'm not sure how it really ads to the car's drive-ability. Unless I'm missing something, it wouldn't be on the top of my list of features. Maybe before cars had backup cameras, these sensors were the way to go.
    2007 XC70, 206,000 miles
    2002 V70XC, 130,000 miles, parts car

I use it when parking too. Visibility straight out the back isn't the best, can't see the low front ends on some cars. I've been warned about someone walking behind the car backing out of parking spots too. It's an additional assistance.