Default Front axle/ cv question

Hi all
    Was under my 2004 and noticed the passenger side axle seems loose. As in it moves in and out. Checked the drivers side and no movement. What holds the front axle to the hub? Does it float or is there a C clip or other device that holds it? The only reason I noticed it was because the toothed ring was sticking out further from the back then the other side.
    Thanks Brad

Quote Originally Posted by Brad'sBB View Post
    Hi all
    Was under my 2004 and noticed the passenger side axle seems loose. As in it moves in and out. Checked the drivers side and no movement. What holds the front axle to the hub? Does it float or is there a C clip or other device that holds it? The only reason I noticed it was because the toothed ring was sticking out further from the back then the other side.
    Thanks Brad
    There is a bolt under the black hub cap, remove the hub cap if it is still there as they get pushed off the wheel when the axle bolt comes loose and falls out. See if the bolt is still there or loose, check the other side for reference.

Hi
    Thank you. The bolt was missing. Got a new metric one as a temp from hardware store. Ordered a pair of new ones.
    Best Regards
    Brad