Thread: Cabin Temp hard to control.

Default Cabin Temp hard to control.

Hey Everyone, I have an '09 3.2. I am getting a whine from what seems like the blower motor. At high fan speed or low fan speed I don't hear, at medium fan speed it's very noticeable. So I'm planning on changing that out. While doing that I want to try and fix another issue and that is difficulty controling the temp in the cabin.
    In either temp extreme, heating or cooling, once cabin is at a comfortable temp and select a moderate temp(70-72) the system will still pump out extremely cold or hot air for an unusually long time to the point of during winter lowering the window to cool off. And then during the winter it goes to cold air, almost like it's all cold or all hot no neutral. I was thinking of changing the temp sensor and blower motor regulator. Any other suggestions on components to change out to help with this.

Thanks.

I would try hooking up a VIDA or ODB-II scanner, and get access to the readings from the cabin temp. sensor. Is it tracking well with an independent thermometer located near the gear shift? A bad sensor would be the easiest to fix. If the problem is in the Environmental Control Computer (ECC),
    a replacement module has to be "married" (programmed) to your vehicle. The fact that your system can produce extremes of cooling and heating suggests nothing wrong with the actuators. More likely a control system problem.

Something to note.

I noticed a huge difference in cabin temp and the ability of my car to reach and maintain the desired temp after I replaced the "in cabin air filter". From the looks of the filter I don't think it has been changed since 2002!

The in-cabin-air-filter is a cheap, easy and needed maintenance item that just may help.

Quote Originally Posted by antwerx View Post
    Something to note.

I noticed a huge difference in cabin temp and the ability of my car to reach and maintain the desired temp after I replaced the "in cabin air filter". From the looks of the filter I don't think it has been changed since 2002!

The in-cabin-air-filter is a cheap, easy and needed maintenance item that just may help.
    Very good point. A clogged cabin filter will can cause odd blower noises as the blower needs to work harder than it should.

A couple of weekends ago I spent a fun filled afternoon plus replacing my blower motor due to bearing noise (loud squeaking at the right temp and blower speed). Just worn out/dry bearings. I have replaced the cabin filter several times so I know that the cabin filter was not the cause.