Default 2004 D5 black smoke issues. Please help!

Guys,

Had my xc90 for 2 years now and it's been a great car. Had minor issues but nothing bad.

Recently it's been smoking a lot though so please help if you can!

It smokes a lot when you are driving along normally and hardly putting any pressure on the throttle. It bellows black smoke from the exhaust. Also the revs occasionally blip up and down while it's doing this even though the throttle position is still the same.

If I floor the car the smoke clears up.

No smoke on idle and barely any if I rev it from idle.

I have cleaned the maf sensor thinking it's a over fueling issue but nothing had changed.

Also put in a bottle of injector cleaner which hasn't made much difference, I think it cleared up for a few days but could possibly have been the cooler weather.

I also took off the turbo intake pipe and there were no real oil deposits. Will upload pictures but not letting me at the moment.

Any ideas guys??

Fueling*

Update..

I've taken the intercooler pipes off to see if there were any damage to them and found that the pipe from the turbo to the intercooler is clean but the pipe from the intercooler to the intake manifold was caked in oil. The oil was in liquid form as it left the intercooler but was dry and thick caked on about halfway up all the way to the intake.

I'm thinking intercooler is shot but just want some advice?