Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Looking to buy a 2015 XC70 T6, any caveats for them?

Looking to buy a 2015 XC70 T6, any caveats for that choice? Has anyone bought a used one recently? Mind sharing what you paid?
    Thanks....

Quote Originally Posted by Duster View Post
    Looking to buy a 2015 XC70 T6,
    Keep in mind there is a 2015 and a 2015.5 xc70. I'm pretty sure the 2015.5 has the sensus touch navigation that requires an internet connection to work properly. There is a place for a sim chip in the car and you purchase a monthly subscription from ATT to make it work. You may be able to your smart phone to make that internet connection. That allows the car to have a "hot spot" in it so your passengers can do their internet thing (and not use their cell data i guess)

I think the 2015.5 was only built in the platinum version. You should review the differences between the 2015 and 2015.5 and packages available on the 2015 to see what is important to you.

Default 300+

Its the 300+ HP that is most important!
    And that its not trashed....

Quote Originally Posted by hoonk View Post
    Keep in mind there is a 2015 and a 2015.5 xc70. I'm pretty sure the 2015.5 has the sensus touch navigation that requires an internet connection to work properly. There is a place for a sim chip in the car and you purchase a monthly subscription from ATT to make it work. You may be able to your smart phone to make that internet connection. That allows the car to have a "hot spot" in it so your passengers can do their internet thing (and not use their cell data i guess)

I think the 2015.5 was only built in the platinum version. You should review the differences between the 2015 and 2015.5 and packages available on the 2015 to see what is important to you.

Its the 300+ HP that is most important!
    Polestar makes it 325hp/354+torque (paid $850 recently for polestar)

I believe another 15-15.5 difference is how the traffic and other info is sent to the nav system - up to 15.5 uses the fm (RTT?) band to send traffic info, 15.5 and up use cell towers (sim card)

Looking to buy a 2015 XC70 T6, any caveats for that choice? Has anyone bought a used one recently? Mind sharing what you paid?
    Thanks....
    I've been looking around for a while. I'm trying to get something with 30K or fewer miles. I'm finding prices in the $34K-$36K range in Boston area. I have another post here that outlines a problem that needs to be resolved on one I'm quite interested in (were it not for the problem). What is your price experience and where?

Anyone find one? How did it turn out? I'm considering the same.

I bought mine a few weeks ago. Very impressed with this car. The general refinement, although I don’t like he suspension very much. I’m used to sitting lower and the xc is annoyingly springy. Try to take a turn while hitting some potholes and whole setup goes to hell. But hey - people want SUVs these days I paid 30k canadian, car has 64k km on the clock, I bought it from a dealer with full CPO warranty. I’m pretty happy altough I wish V70 was still available in Canada.

I have the '13 XC70 T6, and find the ride superior to either the XC60 SUV or the models with low-profile tires (S60, V50...). The XC60 is 3" taller, and has quite a bit of roll when turning. I guess the "ride" is a subjective thing, but also depends on the road quality where you live. California has not maintained its roads to a high standard, so I like a cushioned ride on deeper tires. My opinion of the T6 engine is "wow...this is a piece of work". The I-6 crankshaft is viewed by engineers as the most vibration-free, perfectly balanced mechanical engine design. The Turbo gives instant response to the acceleration pedal. 300 h.p.delivered thru a great Aisin tranny. And this T6 engine is quiet! When you step on it, you feel the g-s, but don't hear much (by comparison, the 3.2 engine growls and responds with a kickdown shift at a lower RPM).

Being up about 4" higher makes a big difference for night driving -- much less stingy headlight contact.

I have a 2015.5 T6 with polestar - it pulls like a rocket ship - if you want to knw what torque steer is - this car will teach you - love it

25k on it right now - odd but had to replace front right wheel bearing - and left from wishbone bushings - go figure? Otherwise a great car.

I bought a 2015 XC70 Seashell Metallic T6 a couple of weeks ago. 27K miles, clear windshield, brand-new condition, paid 26.5. Had to go all the way across USA to buy this car, then drive it home to CA. I bought my wife a 2013 XC70 Flamenco Red T6 last October. We both love driving it, so I decided to get one for myself. Getting a clear windshield (no cracks, dings) is important, as this is a very expensive replacement item. Sort out whether you want 2015 or 2015.5, and which options are have-tos. Mine has the NAV system, but it's pretty worthless compared to the mapping app on my phone (which gets live updates). Beware the confusing "T6" engine terminology. On the 2015.5 and 2016, there is a 4-cyl. 2.0 "Drive-E" engine called "T6" (comes with 8-speed Geartronic).

I assume you're interested in the 6-cylinder 3.0 T6. That's the one I'm endorsing. As station wagons go, this one is a luxury muscle car, only quiet. It's also
    ULEV (Ultra-Low Emissions Vehicle), putting out < 50% the emissions gasses of the 2015 fleet average.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast